Future Strategy Manager | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Future Strategy Manager PD.pdf (PDF, 733KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Jun-2021|
- Unique opportunity in a fast paced environment
- 12 month fixed-term or secondment
- Wellington Based
We have an exciting opportunity for a Future Strategy Leader based in Wellington to join Managed Isolation and Quarantine (MIQ).
Reporting to the Associate Deputy Secretary, you will bring your expert business understanding and strategic leadership ability to the team and across the COVID response. You will be recognised as an innovative thought leader coupled with your ability to build and maintain important relationships and partnerships with senior internal and external stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you will have;
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical ability with the mental agility to deal with complex and emerging issues
- An excellent understanding of the processes that underpin the operations of the public sector environment, including Policy shaping and development, Cabinet and parliamentary processes, accountability and reporting
- A skilled negotiator who has worked in large and complex multi-agency environments and has a proven ability to work with and influence Senior Leadership teams, senior officials, business leaders and Ministers
- A demonstrated ability to form trusted working relationships which includes collaboration and co-operation with internal and external stakeholders when developing new models and systems
- High level of professionalism and work ethics
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Relevant tertiary qualification and demonstrated experience required
MIQ became a Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) business group on 13 July 2020. The purpose of managed isolation is to ensure COVID-19 is not spread to the community while enabling Kiwis and other exempted travellers to return to New Zealand safely. A key enabler of this work is collaboration across government.
Over 113,000 people have passed through MIQ since New Zealand stood up its response to Covid-19. We operate thirty-two managed isolation facilities in five regions.
A range of agencies including the Ministry of Health, All-of-Government, Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, Police, Customs, New Zealand Defence Force, Aviation Security Service and other business groups in MBIE are working together to deliver an enduring MIQ system.
About MBIE: MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
How to apply;
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position by clicking the ‘Apply Now' button. This will take you to our careers website where you can review the position description, register your details and submit your cover letter and CV outlining your suitability for this role.
For further information please contact Sarah Hutcheson via email email@example.com Quote MBIE/1541283
As we will be reviewing applications throughout the advertising period we encourage you to apply early. For tracking and evaluating purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Applications close 5pm Thursday 24 June 2021