Manager, Refugee and Protection, Refugee Status Unit | Auckland
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| INZ PD - Manager Refugee Protection April 2021.pdf (PDF, 733KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Jun-2021|
- Lead a high functioning team
- Ensure quality and efficient decisions
- Permanent role based in Auckland, CBD
About the Role:
We are current recruiting for two Managers, Refugee and Protection, who will be responsible for leading high functioning teams of Refugee and Protection Officers to manage deliverables and performance.
The Manager role will motivate and influence team members to ensure high quality and efficient decision making in line with New Zealand and international law. They will work alongside the Practice Lead and Technical Advisors to ensure systems are in place and processes and procedures are followed to the required quality standards. The Manager, Refugee and Protection also supports the Head of Operations and the wider Refugee Status Unit in accordance with organisational needs.
Being a great Manager, Refugee and Protection – Refugee Status Unit means you will:
- Provide leadership, oversight and advice to staff and assure quality decisions, investigations and deal with complex cases
- Monitor and manage team members' performance to ensure fair process standards and timeliness are met
- Assist the Ministry in appeals to the Immigration and Protection Tribunal and MBIE Legal and Crown Law in cases in the courts
- Lead the allocation of work and deployment of staff and recruitment as required
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training as required
- Understand your stakeholders and be able to build and maintain excellent relationships across the sector
- Be a part of the Refugee Status Unit Management Team and contributing to the effective and efficient operation of the Team.
Skills and experience required:
- A track record of managing, leading and developing a high performing team.
- Experience leading, coaching and mentoring others to achieve results and personal growth.
- Experience in implementing quality processes and strategies designed to improve individual and team performance.
- Ability to positively influence internal and external stakeholders, and earn their respect, trust and confidence.
- Experience in applying risk management concepts and frameworks and techniques as they pertain to decision making and business operations.
- Bring a broader perspective and horizon to build business leadership, and have an eye for detail.
- A strong understanding and knowledge of humanitarian law, international refugee and protection law, and New Zealand's international refugee obligations
- A tertiary qualification in law – preferably in refugee and protection law, or human rights law.
For your application to be considered you must be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residence. You must also be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret New Zealand national security clearance (Check https://protectivesecurity.govt.nz/personnel-security/clearances/eligibility-tool/).
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
If you have any further questions please email Mel Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MBIE/1540534.
Applications close at 5.00pm Tuesday 22 June 2021.