Senior Business Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Senior Business Advisor May 21.pdf (PDF, 728KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Sep-2021|
- Would you love to work in a team where:
- People are passionate about making a difference to New Zealand
- There are exciting opportunities to make an impact in an innovative environment
- No two days will look the same
- A can do attitude and great collaborative culture are the keys to success
If you have answered yes to the above then we would like to hear from you!
About the role:
We are seeking a Senior Business Advisor to join the Building, Resources and Markets (BRM) group at MBIE. BRM is responsible for many of the regulatory systems that govern New Zealand's markets. In this role you will play a pivotal role in the delivery of BRM's external reporting obligations. You will also contribute to various business management processes for the group including compliance, performance reporting, business continuity planning and business planning. In addition you will take on a range of projects where opportunities for greater effectiveness and efficiency are identified.
In this role you will work across the six branches that make up BRM, along with regularly interacting with our business partners across MBIE, Ministers offices, stakeholders and Crown entities.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Understanding of machinery of government processes and experience in the delivery of Ministry accountability documents
- Experience in working to meet Ministry external reporting obligations
- Great relationship management and influencing skills that enable you to work collaboratively with others
- Have the ability to stay calm under pressure and produce quality outcomes within tight time frames
- Have great judgement and a keen eye for detail
- Have a relevant tertiary qualification or experience in a business advisor role
You will be positive and have the ability to respond to the variety of challenges that can arise in any one day.
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori, te Tiriti o Waitangi and how it applies in the public sector and help to promote the use of tikanga and te reo Māori internally.
Come work with smart and driven people that want to make a difference
MBIE is an incredibly diverse organisation, employing more than 4,000 people across a range of roles. We share a commitment to growing New Zealand for all. We create opportunities for our people to gain experience in different parts of our organisation.
We are committed to providing more contemporary, flexible ways of working so our people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life. That includes giving our people more choice about when, how and where they work.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
For enquiries please contact Paige by email on Paige.Haydock@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1540491
Applications close at 5pm on Monday the 27th of September 2021.