Immigration Manager, Support Services, Refugee Quota Programme | Auckland
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD INZ - Immigration Manager Support Services May 2021 RQP.pdf (PDF, 300KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Jun-2021|
- Manage a team to ensure efficiencies
- Ensure quality service delivery and high customer service
- Permanent role based in Māngere, Auckland
About the Role:
As Immigration Manager, Support Services – Refugee Quota Programme (RQP), you will be responsible for managing the team of RQP support staff and overseeing the support functions of the team to ensure the smooth functioning of all aspects of the office. You will be part of the RQP Management team who will ensure the quality of immigration related service delivery, including demands for a high standard of customer service.
Being a great Immigration Manager, Support Services – Refugee Quota Programme means you will:
- Implement strategies to develop a higher level of customer service while showing empathy for the demands of clients
- Balance day-to-day operational requirements with flexible delivery of services and products that shows an understanding of the changing needs of customers
- Measure and report on delivery and quality of performance against agreed plans or standards
- Ensure the team receives necessary training and development to achieve required level of excellence
- Develop a customer focused culture across the team
- Manage and allocate people and resources where there is need to ensure excellent operational delivery
- Plan and deliver immigration services and management systems – up to one year in advance
- Ensure continuous improvement of practices and service quality
- Be a part of the Refugee Quota Programme Management Team and contribute to the effective and efficient operation of Team
Skills and experience required:
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate that you have experience in, or have the qualities that would enable you to successfully perform, the following tasks:
- Experience in implementing quality processes and strategies designed to improve productivity, streamline efficiencies, and deliver excellent customer service
- Effective coaching of individuals or teams resulting in their personal growth and achievement of organisational goals
- Demonstrated experience of knowledge and understanding of the refugee resettlement process at global, national and local levels
- Sound experience undertaking formal and informal performance management processes
- Successful experience leading a team in a fast–paced service delivery environment
- Interpersonal savvy in a variety of settings, including cross-cultural, employee and client
- Solving complex problems and workflow analysis using sound judgement and decision-making.
- Mental agility to multi-task workflow through to completion within tight timeframes, while maintaining a positive outlook
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with managers and staff
For your application to be considered you must be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residence. You must also be able to obtain and maintain a Secret New Zealand national security clearance (Check https://protectivesecurity.govt.nz/personnel-security/clearances/eligibility-tool/).
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
If you have any further questions please email Mel Holland at email@example.com quoting reference MBIE/1540353.
Applications close at 5.00pm Tuesday 22 June 2021.