Principal Policy Advisor | Science Policy | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Principal Policy Advisor June 2020 (1).pdf (PDF, 703KB)
|Application Close Date:||04-Jul-2021|
Salary Range $130,000- $157,00
Fixed term until June 2023
- Be at the cutting edge of deploying research and innovation to solve some of New Zealand's biggest challenges
- Be part of a talented, supportive team that makes a significant impact everyday
The research, science and innovation system is big, technically complex, and international – which makes the work interesting, varied, and challenging. We have an extensive programme of work across the research, science and innovation system. We are looking for a Policy Advisor to join the team for a fixed term of two years to deliver this diverse range of policy work. Our branch has a great culture. We value diversity of thinking and background. We collaborate and support each other, and we make sure everyone has the chance to develop and to take on new challenges. We encourage excellence and proactively support professional development. We value diversity of thinking and background. We collaborate and support each other, and we make sure everyone has the chance to develop and to take on new challenges. We encourage excellence and proactively support professional development.
We are looking for an established Principal Advisor who can apply their established skillset across a wide range of issues.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Significant policy experience working at a principal level within a complex and fast-paced policy environment
- Intellectually curious and have an apititude for solving complex and sometimes, ambiguous problems
- Excellent at communicating complex information orally, written and visually
- Excellent ablilty to manage, prioritise and co-ordinate several important pieces of work simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to share knowlege and suppport less experienced collegues
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below to be directed to our careers site. Apply with your CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1539993 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 4th July 2021