Senior Business Information Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Business Information Analyst - Jun 2021.pdf (PDF, 647KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Jun-2021|
Show your exceptional skills in using data to design, implement and drive insights for agencies to help improve decision making in procurement across government.
- Work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Full-time opportunity based in Wellington
We have an exciting opportunity for the right person to join the Enabling Services team within the New Zealand Government Procurement branch.
Interested? Read on.
The New Zealand Government Procurement and Government Property Group Branches (NZGP and GPG) collects information from a number of datasets which we then deliver engaging and meaningful insights back to agencies.
The Senior Business Information Analyst undertakes information gathering, data management, reporting and analysis functions to ensure that insights are gained which can be used to inform the strategic direction and operations of the New Zealand Government Procurement and Government Property Group Branches (NZGP and GPG), and assist with MBIE, Building, Resources and Markets and external stakeholder initiatives.
Key tasks/deliverables include:
- Providing insights that are easy to consume, engaging and audience appropriate
- Gather, analyse and report from a range of sources and formats, and provide the foundation for evidence based insights and decision making
- Identifying any gaps or areas for improvement in data sets
- Be a great communicator with an ability to converse to all levels of a business
The role reports to the Manager Business Information and Analysis and is based at the newly refurbished All-of-Government space, Te Puāwai o te Aroha (25 The Terrace/Pastoral House).
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience consolidating information into dashboards and providing summary reports/insights
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong technical capabilities across tools such as: SQL, SAS, Excel and Power BI
- Effective interpersonal skills including the ability to form trusted relationships and communicate to different stakeholder levels
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development and implementation of strategies and plans
- An eye for detail with the ability to deliver high quality work with limited supervision
Come work with smart and driven people that want to make a difference
MBIE is an incredibly diverse organisation, employing more than 4,000 people across a range of roles. We share a commitment to growing New Zealand for all. Our values are part of everything we do. Our people are strong collaborators, who believe we are always Better Together – Mahi Tahi. We are Bold and Brave - Māia in the way we create, innovate, learn and share. We take charge of Building our Future – Pono Me Te Tika and we Own It – Pae Kahurangi in everything we do.
We are committed to providing contemporary, flexible ways of working so our people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life. That includes giving our people more choice about when, how and where they work.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
You must possess the legal right to work in NZ. For further information and a confidential discussion, please contact Paige Haydock by email Paige.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Sunday the 27nd June 2021