Advisor Delivery | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PC - Innovation - Advisor Delivery - June 2021.pdf (PDF, 1,014KB)
|Application Close Date:||15-Jun-2021|
- Exciting opportunity to coordinate and support project management on a broad variety of initiatives by People & Culture (P&C)
- Support the implementation and delivery of work with a strong people focus
- Permanent position, Wellington based
- Salary range $68K - $81K depending on experience
About the role
We have an exciting position for an Advisor Delivery within the Innovation team.
In this role you will work with a range of teams to contribute to the delivery of the P&C work programme and associated projects by working with customers/stakeholders in delivering their requirements and developing effective delivery solutions. You will support development of project plans and implementation documentation, help track progress as well as identify and mitigate risk to ensure high quality and on-time deliverables for customers.
Ideally you will be technically savvy with some hands on experience in project management. Having experience within an HR setting would be an advantage, but having strong relationship management, judgement and communications skills will be a must. With the variety of work, ensuring stakeholders are well informed on progress and initiatives occurring within the branch will be key in working better together.
You will be a strong team player, sharing your insights and learnings in the team to help contribute building expertise and improve the way we operate.
You will identify areas for business and process improvement, challenging the status quo and bringing new ideas to help embed a culture of project management excellence in P&C and shape MBIE's future.
We are interested to hear from candidates who have the following:
- Experience coordinating, planning and delivering key pieces of work / projects or supporting a programme of work
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload effectively to ensure high quality results within deadlines
- Experience providing great customer service, building and delivering solutions that meet expectations
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and quickly establish and build strong working relationships enabling trust and credibility
- Strong influencing skills, interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to identify and mitigate risk
- Relevant tertiary qualification preferred and/or comparable experience working within a government environment
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
About the team:
The Innovation team sits within the P&C People Services team in Corporate, Governance and Information Group. The Innovation team is responsible for managing P&C programmes and projects and continuous improvement coordination in end to end business processes (inside and outsides systems).
Why work for us?
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad range of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1480332 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 15th June 2021.