Capability Lead, Project Management | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| DDI Solution Delivery - Capability Lead PD - May 2021.pdf (PDF, 89KB)
|Application Close Date:||16-Jun-2021|
- Showcase your people and relationship management skills
- Work in a complex and dynamic ICT environment, with an exciting, fast-paced pipeline of work
- Newly established, Wellington based role
- $127,021 - $154,575 salary range
Why work for us?
At the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE), we are a future-focused organisation working to grow a healthy, high-performing New Zealand economy. Our diverse range of functions and international reach means real career pathways within MBIE. We underpin this with development and training, and a culture that enables our people to work to their natural best.
Our Project Management and Coordination team sits within the Digital, Data and Insights group. Within our team we aspire to align our people, our processes and our technology in order to uplift the capability of the business. We are committed to developing our people, and fostering a culture of:
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Capability Lead based in Wellington to join the Project Management & Co-Ordination team within the Solutions Delivery group of MBIE's ICT branch. Reporting to the Manager Project Management & Co-Ordination, you will provide leadership to the team whilst ensuring consistency in the delivery of ICT projects within MBIE's project management framework. You will coach and mentor staff and take an active part in the development of Project Management skills and assist the Manager in maturing the Project Management practice at MBIE
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Experience in developing and maintaining strong and effective stakeholder relationships
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a team of Project Managers
- Strong ability to coach and mentor others
- Ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to present complex issues to different audiences
- Sound problem identification skills and an eye for detail
- Effective project management ability
- Be very familiar with project management practices including: methodology, governance, financial management, stakeholder management and people management
- Experience with or knowledge of Government systems and processes
- New Zealand citizenship or hold a residence class visa
Applicants must have the right to live and work in New Zealand
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Amber Tam at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1539148 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday the 16th June 2021.