x2 Policy Advisors, Energy Markets Team (Energy Transition) | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Policy Advisor, June 2020.pdf (PDF, 348KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Jun-2021|
- Two permanent positions available
- Energy Sector Policy
- Great opportunity to think strategically about the role of energy markets in shaping the transition to a low emissions economy
- Work alongside passionate people and communities
- Help solve complex policy challenges such as the energy sector's ability to contribute to reducing emissions, adapt to new technologies, empower consumers, and deliver secure energy
We are looking for two energetic Policy Advisors to join the Energy Markets Policy team at the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE), based in Wellington.
Why work for us?
It is an exciting time to be working in energy sector policy! The energy sector presents some of the largest opportunities and challenges to decarbonising our economy. At the same time new technologies are transforming the sector from the inside out and are challenging our existing regulatory frameworks. The Energy Markets Policy team is at the centre of a number of Government priorities including advising on the role of the energy sector in contributing to the transition to a low emissions economy, reviewing New Zealand's electricity prices and looking at New Zealand's frameworks for energy security and resilience.
We are looking for Policy Advisors
Our Policy Advisors support some of the most interesting, complex and high profile government projects. Working alongside experienced and supportive policy professionals they develop and apply their public policy skills and experience to deliver results for New Zealand.
They use their strong communication skills to engage and work collaboratively with various groups. They bring a base knowledge of public policy as well as an understanding of the machinery of government, Te Tiriti o Waitangi principles, to better position New Zealand for the future.
Our Policy Advisors work across different levels to learn from experts and build their own knowledge. With the wide variety of work across the different policy areas, there are numerous opportunities to develop their policy craft and build their careers within MBIE.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for motivated people with experience in problem solving problems and formulating high-quality policy advice for a range of stakeholders and projects.
- Have a good base of experience in public policy as a Policy Advisor and/or transferrable skills from an advisory/legal role, or similar
- Be a logical thinker, problem solver and a healthy level of curiosity
- Bring knowledge of policy development disciplines and processes
- Enjoy working on complex problems, generating ideas and coming up with solutions
- Have the ability to build relationships with others and work collaboratively
- The ability to work through ambiguity and deliver results
How to apply
Please follow the instructions by clicking on the Apply button. This will direct you to our careers website online application process where you can upload your up to date CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
The position description is attached to this advert. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting MBIE/1539044.
Applications close 5pm, Sunday 20th of June 2021.