Audit and Risk Advisor - Regional Business Partner Network | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD_RBPN Audit Risk Advisor_May 2021.docx (Word, 69KB)
|Application Close Date:||15-Jun-2021|
12 month fixed term or secondment opportunity
Salary Range $66-79k
- An exciting opportunity to put your experience in audit, risk analysis to good use in a cross-agency initiative to provide support to businesses in Aotearoa
- Bring your ability to share insights and provide risk management advice to ensure the smooth transition of the Regional Business Partner Network from New Zealand Trade and Enterprise to MBIE
- Play a leading role in shaping the future of the Regional Business Partner Network and building New Zealand's economy for the future
- Be part of a dynamic and collaborative team at the interface of government and small businesses
About the role
From 1 July 2021, operational responsibilities for the Regional Business Partner Network (RBPN) will transition from New Zealand Trade and Enterprise to The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE). A co-design programme to shape the future state of the RBPN is also underway to ensure New Zealand small businesses continue to get the support they need to grow their capability.
The Audit and Risk Advisor will be a member of the RBPN team. You will work with the RBPN team, the Branch leadership team, the Small Business Policy team, Callaghan Innovation and other partners to ensure the RBPN's transition to MBIE is seamless and to shape and deliver the future vision for the programme.
You will bring your proven risk management, audit, operational review, investigation and relationship management skills to support our work with key partners. A demonstrated ability to think analytically and derive insight from investigation is critical to the role.
About the team
The Small Business Policy team develops advice on issues affecting small businesses in New Zealand. Our work programme is guided by the Small Business Strategy, and structured around:
- Better understanding the needs and experiences of New Zealand's small businesses
- Improving access to finance
- Building skills and capability
- Creating a connected enabling regulatory environment
Digital enablement and digital skills and capability development is a critical enabler across each aspect of the programme.
This position is an opportunity to play a leading role in empowering small businesses to aspire, succeed and thrive. We actively partner with small businesses to understand their needs and support the role they play in building sustainable and inclusive growth for New Zealand.
We work hard on interesting topics and with a diverse range of stakeholders. We work collaboratively, and harness the knowledge and ideas of others with different perspectives and experiences. We celebrate our successes, support each other on the challenges, and importantly, we enjoy what we do.
We are looking for people who can:
- Communicate coherently and with clarity on complex issues.
- Flexibly respond to changes in priorities and demands for work, and able to manage associated risks.
- Build credible, respected relationships and engage with diverse stakeholders to influence outcomes (including staff in partner agencies, and delivery partners).
- Work effectively in a team to deliver services
MBIE offers significant opportunity for developing experience across a broad variety of areas. We are the government's lead advisor on economic development and across the Ministry we hold a number of levers that directly affect our business environment. MBIE offers the ability to work on policy issues that make a real difference. You will get a mix of on the job and opportunities for more formal career development. And we'll help you manage a healthy work life within your whole of life.
How to find out more and apply
Apply now with your CV and cover letter
All applications must be submitted via our online process.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com Quoting Ref MBIE/1538915
Applications close 15th June 2021