Transition Director, Regional Business Partner Network Transition | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD_Director RBPN Transition_May 2021.pdf (PDF, 647KB)
|Application Close Date:||15-Jun-2021|
12 month fixed term or secondment opportunity
- An exciting opportunity to put your experience in change management to good use in a cross-agency initiative to provide support to businesses in Aotearoa
- Bring your expertise in transition projects to ensure the smooth transition of the Regional Business Partner Network from New Zealand Trade and Enterprise to MBIE
- Play a leading role in shaping the future of the Regional Business Partner Network and building New Zealand's economy for the future
- Be part of a dynamic and collaborative team at the interface of government and small businesses
About the role
From 1 July 2021, operational responsibilities for the Regional Business Partner Network (RBPN) will transition from New Zealand Trade and Enterprise to The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE). A co-design programme to shape the future state of the RBPN is also underway to ensure New Zealand small businesses continue to get the support they need to grow their capability.
The Transition Director is a change leadership position in MBIE. You will work with the RBPN team, the Branch leadership team, the Small Business Policy team, Callaghan Innovation and other partners to ensure the RBPN's transition to MBIE is seamless and to shape and deliver the future vision for the programme.
You will bring your proven project, relationship and delivery skills to support our work with key partners. A demonstrated ability to think analytically and strategically through issues is c ritical.
About our team
The Small Business Policy team develops advice on issues affecting small businesses in New Zealand. Our work programme is guided by the Small Business Strategy, and structured around:
- Better understanding the needs and experiences of New Zealand's small businesses
- Improving access to finance
- Building skills and capability
- Creating a connected enabling regulatory environment
Digital enablement and digital skills and capability development is a critical enabler across each aspect of the programme.
This position is an opportunity to play a leading role in empowering small businesses to aspire, succeed and thrive. We actively partner with small businesses to understand their needs and support the role they play in building sustainable and inclusive growth for New Zealand.
We work hard on interesting topics and with a diverse range of stakeholders. We work collaboratively, and harness the knowledge and ideas of others with different perspectives and experiences. We celebrate our successes, support each other on the challenges, and importantly, we enjoy what we do.
- Effectively lead and deliver complex work programmes.
- Think strategically across an organisation and government to connect and align the future vision for the RBPN with other similar or interlinked government initiatives. Build credible, respected relationships and engage with diverse stakeholders to influence outcomes (including Ministers, staff in partner agencies, Māori partners & industry partners).
- Communicate with clarity on complex issues.
- Flexibly respond to changes in priorities and demands for work, and able to manage associated risks.
MBIE offers significant opportunity for developing experience across a broad variety of areas. We are the government's lead advisor on economic development and across the Ministry we hold a number of levers that directly affect our business environment. MBIE offers the ability to work on a range of important issues that make a real difference
How to find out more and apply
Check out out the position description for more details abou the role and apply online with your cover letter and CV
All applications must be submitted via our online process. You must possess the legal right to work in NZ
If you have any questions please email email@example.com
Applications close at 15th June 2021
Note: We are actively recruiting for this role, and will review and interview suitable applicants as they present - this is a high priority role for MBIE