Board Officer | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| final PD OLBO Pd.docx (Word, 54KB)
|Application Close Date:||17-Jun-2021|
- Interesting and challenging roles
- Permanent opportunity
- Wellington or Auckland location
An exciting opportunity exists as a Board Officer to join the Te Whakatairanga Service Delivery branch within MBIE.
The Board Officers work in a cross-sector role and have responsibility for supporting two independent Statutory Boards to fulfil their important functions. The Board Officers are part of the Occupational Licensing Board Team and provide business services and administrative support to the Electrical Workers Registration Board and Building Practitioners Board.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience of Board support roles and responsibilities and in working with independent Statutory Boards.
- High level of organisational skills and good attention to detail.
- Strong relationship management skills, particularly in dealing with Board members who operate at a very senior level.
- Very good communication skills and the ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships.
- An ability to travel regularlyto support Board meetings and Board hearings.
- Confidence in case management and dealing with the public.
- Good knowledge of the electrical workers registration or licensed building practitioner schemes or another occupational licensing scheme would be ideal.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our online careers website. Here you can view a position description at this site, as well as complete the online application. Please upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be formally submitted via this online advertisement.
Refer to the attached job description for further information on the role, if you have any further questions email Matt Guy at email@example.com referencing MBIE/1538795.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Thursday 17 June 2021.