Administration Coordinator | Auckland
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description May 2021- Administration Coordinator.docx (Word, 55KB)
|Application Close Date:||13-Jun-2021|
- Permanent full time role
- Managing risk to protect our borders
- Location – Auckland International Airport
- Starting salary $48,601 - $56,104
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
Why work for us?
Immigration Border Operations sits within the Border and Visa Operations branch of Immigration New Zealand (INZ), a group within MBIE. Border & Visa Operations play a critical role in ensuring quality and up-to-date visa and border entry decisions. We ensure INZ's visa decision-making offices (both offshore and onshore), and its frontline operations at border operate effectively.
Immigration Border Operations facilitates the entry of legitimate passengers and keeps immigration risk offshore by working collaboratively with other teams in INZ and other border agencies. We also ensure risk is managed at the earliest possible point in the immigration process and provide assurance for the immigration system.
About the Role
The primary role of this position is to provide outstanding support to the Immigration Border Operations Team and their tasks. We are looking for a person with excellent oral and written communication and well-developed computer skills. The ideal candidate will have high levels of integrity in all transactions and interpersonal contacts, clerical and general administrative support services. They will have a passion for excellence and a commitment to high quality customer service. The successful appointee will be required to take up the position as soon as possible.
The health, safety and wellbeing of our people is important and it is a requirement of this role for you to be vaccinated for Covid-19 and undertake regular Covid-19 tests during your employment.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years' experience in an administration/support role
- A passion for learning and a positive and pro-active approach to work
- Outstanding experience in a customer service environment
- Excellent organisation skills and able to learn on the fly
- Flexibility with working on multiple tasks and able to adapt to change
- Superb ability in all forms of communication
- The ability to learn and understand computer and technical information quickly
- Strong positive relationship skills to build and maintain with our stakeholders and the wider Immigration Border Operations Admin Team
- A strong moral compass, and be known to ‘act with integrity' in all you undertake
- The ability to work effectively without direct supervision
- Loyalty to the organisation, our teams and a commitment to organisational objectives
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents, and must be able to obtain and maintain necessary aviation security clearance.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below and complete the on-line application and questionnaire. From here you will be able to upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. Cover letter and CV is mandatory.
If you have any further questions please email Mel Holland at email@example.com quoting reference MBIE/1538715.
Applications close at 5.00pm Sunday 13 June 2021.