Compliance Officer | Hamilton
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Compliance Officer position description.docx (Word, 53KB)
|Application Close Date:||17-Jun-2021|
- Are you comfortable working remotely as part of a developing and growing regional team
- Keen to help landlords and tenants comply and get ahead?
- Bring your keen eye for detail to this exciting role and fun and supportive team
- Help achieve compliance with New Zealand Tenancy laws through risk based assessments.
- Hamilton location – Permanent opportunity with salary between $61,107 and $70,210 based on skills and relevant experience.
Be part of a high profile Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment initiative to improve the New Zealand Tenancy System to ensure healthier, safer homes for all those renting in the New Zealand market.
As a Compliance Officer you will play a key role in ensuring that New Zealand residential landlords are compliant with the Residential Tenancy Act (RTA). This will involve assessing and monitoring tenancy obligations for landlords and supporting vulnerable tenants. Often the first port of call for enquiries or complaints involving RTA issues, the Compliance Officer will assess the situation presented, escalating cases where appropriate and assisting parties to self-resolve through your advice and action. The role involves carrying out assessments with landlords and interacting with tenants and other external stakeholders to increase awareness of tenancy obligations in the sector.
Tenancy Services goal is to resolve tenancy disputes early through our dispute resolution process or through self-resolution. The ability to encourage tenants and landlords to resolve problems themselves and at the same time ensure sustained compliance will be a challenge for this role. Enabling stakeholders to have a high level of tenancy literacy is a key part of our strategy. The Compliance Officer will contribute to the development of MBIEs information and education programmes and the planning for the delivery of the Tenancy Services work programme. This could be a great opportunity for those wanting exposure to a large strategic programme of work that touches the lives of many New Zealanders.
The Compliance Officer will work with a wide range of people, from all walks of life, requiring a high level of professionalism, communication skills and tenacity. We are a new team of highly skilled professionals keen to make a difference to New Zealanders who rent their homes.
To be a Compliance Officer you will have had proven experience and can demonstrate the following:
- Experience and knowledge of regulatory and compliance environments
- Knowledge and understanding of government and constitutional environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of administrative law and the principles of natural justice and fairness
- Sound compliance skills including gathering, researching analysing ad evaluating information and working knowledge of the enforcement process.
- Demonstrated success in roles which required sound judgement, decision making skills and applying analytical techniques or models to problem definition and analysis
- Strong relationship builder, confident communicator who can work with a range of people across different cultures and background.
- You must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
In return we offer genuine career opportunities, development and a supportive team environment.
Together, our new team have ambitions to be the best and we want to employ the best people, with the right skills, experience and the right attitude, if that sounds like you then please apply.
Owing to the amount of interest in this role, candidates will be reviewed throughout the process.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
If you have any queries please contact Matt Guy on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5.00pm on 17th June 2021