Senior Procurement Specialist | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Procurement Specialist - Jan 2020.pdf (PDF, 611KB)
|Application Close Date:||15-Jun-2021|
- Be part of MBIE's internal Procurement team, delivering sound pragmatic advise to the business
- Permanent opportunity based in our Central Wellington location
- Salary range $91K - $113K depending on skills and experience
About the role
Working with the internal procurement team you will contribute to the success of our customer centric operating model in the Finance System and Control branch.
This permanent position requires your knowledge of procurement to assist in providing considered, pragmatic advice on procurement matters, to improve procurement capability across the branch and deliver on a truly customer centric approach.
Reporting to the Procurement Planning and Capability Manager, this role works within a team of fun and competent procurers who are passionate about delivering results and achieving the best value for money whilst working to MBIE's purpose of Growing New Zealand for All.
As a Senior Procurement Specialist you will assist in providing robust and considered customer-focused procurement advice relating to projects both in person and in written form, supporting and building procurement capability across MBIE. The role requires the co-ordination and delivery of end to end procurement activities, as well as identifying and implementing areas of improvement in procurement/purchasing functions. You will work with the team to provide continuous improvement of internal competencies in procurement, contract management and supplier relationship management.
The Senior Procurement Specialist will form an important role within the Finance & Support, and providing support to the Procurement Manager and the Head of Procurement.
Skills and Experience required
To be successful in this role, you will have a background in
- A minimum of three plus years of experience in Procurement
- Sound knowledge of contract law and good negotiation skills
- NZ Government procurement background with in depth experience in planning and undertaking tendering activities within NZ government
- The ability to develop and deliver instruction and training to internal clients
- Commitment to developing Te Reo and cultural capability
- A strong understanding of the machinery of government
- Strong relationship management and customer service skills
- Previous experience building capability in an organisation
- Previous experience developing and implementing new systems and procedures
- Using excellent interpersonal skills: demonstrated by your ability to manage expectations and successfully liaise with key stakeholders, suppliers and managers
- Working in a collaborative environment with key stakeholders and/or suppliers and adding value, innovation that benefits the customer
- Eligible and working towards MCIPS full membership (level 6) and/or holds a relevant tertiary qualification
How to find out more and to apply
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” button which will take you to our career website. You will need to complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role. All applications must be submitted via our online process.
Email Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz quoting reference MBIE/1538248 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on the Tuesday 15th June 2021.