Business Manager | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD - Business Manager - May 2021.docx (Word, 56KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Jun-2021|
- Based in Wellington CBD
- 6 month fixed-term/secondment opportunity (cover secondment)
- Manage projects, systems and process and support leadership capability
- Flexible working environment
- Join our Workplace branch
About the role:
The Business Manager will bring their business understanding and perspective to work in partnership with the General Manager Workplace and wider leadership team to ensure Workplace leading systems and processes are developed for best practice and future focus.
This role is responsible for working in partnership with the branch and wider MBIE teams to meet our various corporate and public service responsibilities (e.g. budgets, OIAs, Ministerial Reporting etc.) and to strengthen the overall capability of the Branch to ensure quality and consistency of advice, services and practices.
The Branch is made up of 60 plus people, located in Wellington, Auckland and Christchurch and a direct budget of approximately 34 million.
You will have Strong communication skills, (written and verbal), working with a variety of stakeholders and customers. In addition to this you will have proven influencing skills and an ability to develop credibility across your audience including senior managers. You will have a passion for delivering people centric services!
Skills and experience required:
- Proven strategic thinker with a can-do attitude and experience delivering strategic outcomes
- Experience in programme management and change management
- Ability to quickly build and grow effective relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Displays an understanding of New Zealand's machinery of government
- Understanding of Government decision-making and operating procedures.
- Experience in
- Proven skills in information management and proficient in MS Office.
- You will have a relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience.
Applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand.
We ensure we provide the best possible support and fit for purpose workplaces for all MBIE people. As MBIE continues to grow and take on new challenges and responsibilities, we are committed to building a healthy, safe and productive work environment for our people.
Workplace is responsible for:
- Managing MBIE's onshore and off-shore property portfolio
- Leading MBIE's emergency response and business continuity programme
- Leading MBIE's protective security responsibilities
We are the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Lapulou Mo'ale at Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1538024 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm Wednesday 23 June 2021.