Business Partner People and Culture | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Business Partner PC June 2019.pdf (PDF, 441KB)
|Application Close Date:||13-Jun-2021|
- HR Business Partner positions based in the heart of Wellington
- Work with a fun and dedicated team of HR professionals with the opportunity to grow
- Fast paced, challenging role with lots of variety
Tēnei tūranga - About the role
Working within a supportive team, you will be responsible for working in partnership with MBIE's General Managers and people leaders in the Te Whakatairanga Service Delivery group to support the delivery of our people agenda and the achievement of business outcomes across a full generalist remit.
You will be able to hit the ground running with your experience partnering with key stakeholders in the development and implementation of culture, employee engagement and building the workforce for the future initiatives. There will also be plenty of opportunities to collaborate and get involved in some exciting wider HR projects as we develop a programme of work to create a first class People and Culture (P&C) offering.
This is a 12 month fixed-term opportunity. Further to this we also have 2 x 3-6 month opportunities supporting our MBIE's Immigration and Policy porfolios.
We are keen to hear from you if you have the following skills and experience:
- Have a reputation for a strong customer focus, with experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships at senior levels
- Be able to think pragmatically and provide credible, timely strategic and operational HR and ER advice
- Be able to draw from significant and broad HR experience
- Need to be comfortable working on a wide range of employment situations and issues
- Have an aptitude and curiosity with data and information and able to see the story and its relevance to the business group, MBIE and the P&C team
- Have proven experience and confidence in advising on complex ER issues, change management, and organisational development initiatives
- Be a proactive and supportive coach when taking a lead role in developing our P&C Advisors and building manager capability and confidence
- You must be a citizen or New Zealand Resident (residence class visa) to be considered.
This is a fantastic opportunity for keen, driven and motivated HR professionals. If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this position we welcome your application.
Ētahi kōrero mō MBIE: - About MBIE:
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Developing our staff is a key focus for MBIE. We aim to create a culture where staff are empowered to bring fresh perspectives to issues and to think outside the box. Being the largest policy shop in NZ, MBIE offers significant opportunity for developing experience across a broad variety of areas. We encourage excellence and proactively support development through on-the-job learning, training courses, conferences and seminars, development programmes, secondments, rotations to other branches and study opportunities.
Me pēhea te tono: How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1538011 if you have any further questions.
Applications close Sunday 13th June 2021.