IP Formalities Officer | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Business Integrity Services - IPONZ - Intellectual Property Formalities Officer - Nov 2020.docx (Word, 59KB)
|Application Close Date:||14-Jun-2021|
- Do you have a strong customer focus and a proactive approach to work?
- Do you thrive on complexity and have an eye for detail?
- Do you have strong administration experience including the ability to understand and work with multifaceted law and regulations?
We are looking for someone who is customer-focused, flexible and agile with a positive, proactive approach to their work ensuring tasks are completed to a high level of detail.
We help people protect intellectual property
The Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand (IPONZ) grants patents, and registers designs and trade marks in New Zealand. The role of the patents team is to help people and businesses protect their inventions. Patents are granted to stop others from making, using, or selling a new invention. We operate from Wellington at a great central location on Lambton Quay close to buses, trains, and great food.
An Intellectual Property Formalities Officer's job is diverse and interesting
In this role you will be responsible for processing a wide variety of requests on IP applications. To ensure they meet the legal requirements set out in the Intellectual Property legislation you will need to apply relevant practices and policies.
You will use your administration experience to quickly come up to speed with the relevant legislation that you use to assess each request. You will regularly be in contact with our customers and applicants to help them pursue their intellectual property applications.
The role is responsible for receiving and processing international patent applications and fees for the New Zealand Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) Receiving Office.
To be successful in this role you will also have:
- Strong administration experience including the ability to understand and work with multifaceted law and regulations. Experience in financial administrative procedures preferred.
- A strong customer service focus and a proactive approach to work.
- Accuracy and an attention to detail.
- Proven ability to use communication and information technology systems and methods including: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, competent at using the internet for research purpose, databases (familiarity required), MS Power Point.
- Well-developed organisational and planning skills including time management, the ability to multi-task, trustworthiness and perform well under pressure.
- The ability to build positive relationships within the team, the wider IPONZ /MBIE groups and with external stakeholders.
Benefits of working at IPONZ
- Flexible working opportunities (eg, flexible hours, remote working, condensed week).
- Starting salary of <<$53603-$63608>> with appointment to be within that range based on relevant skills and experience.
- A management team who are dedicated to your growth and success.
- A friendly and inclusive team environment.
Here's what you need to apply
Click ‘Apply Now' and tell us how you would be a great Intellectual Property Formalities Officer.
To find out more about this position and how to join MBIE, please refer to the attached Role Description or contact email@example.com.
Applicants must have the proof of a right to live and work in New Zealand. To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Now' button. This will allow you to register your details and submit your application for this vacancy.
Your application must include a Cover Letter and CV.
Applications close 5pm, 14 June 2021