Senior Advisor (Operational Policy) | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Te Whakatairanga Service Delivery Op Pol Senior Advisor v 1.0 20210601.pdf (PDF, 635KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Jun-2021|
- Do you enjoy generating ideas and supporting innovative solutions that link people, policy, and operations?
- Do you enjoy the challenge of working within and across regulatory systems?
- Are you looking to join a collaborative team of service designers and policy advisors?
- Internal Secondment/Fixed term opportunity, Wellington based location
We have some exciting operational policy opportunities in the Operational Policy Service Design (OPSD) team, within our Te Whakatairanga Service Delivery Group.
- 1x Senior Advisor (12 month fixed term)
Te Whakatairanga Service Delivery Group, provides critical functions and services that support businesses, employees and consumers to operate successfully in the market place. This includes the delivery of information, advisory, dispute resolution, regulatory and enforcement services for most of the regulatory systems in MBIE.
You will be part of a team made up of service designers and operational policy advisors who collaborate on interesting and varied projects across Te Whakatairanga Service Delivery.
In this role you will:
- work with teams across MBIE who seek our help to solve problems, deliver projects, and provide high-quality advice that adds value
- provide input into policy and service development
- see the direct impact of your work by translating legislation and policy into practice
- work directly with regulatory managers to ensure the effectiveness of their operations
- provide an emergency response and management role.
Recent projects undertaken by the team include:
- Establishing a consumer travel agent reimbursement scheme alongside policy and operational colleagues.
- Supporting the establishment of an early resolution team within Employment New Zealand.
- Banning certain types of inclined sleep products alongside our Product Safety colleagues
- Providing policy, intel and planning support to the Temporary Accommodation Service response to COVID-19 and the November 2020 Napier floods.
We are looking for someone who:
- effectively lead projects by applying project management approaches to manage risk, conflicts, scope, and resourcing to deliver on time
- has proven experience at effectively coaching and mentoring advisors to build team policy capability
- understands Government systems and processes, including public sector requirements and processes relating to legislation and regulatory change
- is an excellent communicator who confidently delivers clear and compelling advice tailored to the audience, writing in a polished, plain-English style that persuades
- considers workable delivery and implementation options, and consistently thinks ‘end-to-end' with the customer in mind
- partners with customers and stakeholders by:
- proactively engaging with others to build relationships based on openness and trust, enabling you to discuss differences and manage conflict while still maintaining the ongoing relationship
- collaborating with others by creating an environment that enables the sharing of ideas and co-creation
- exercising influencing agility by adapting their style and approach to affect opinions, behaviours, and actions of others.
A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline is preferred.
To apply for this exciting role, click on the “Apply Now” button to read and download the position description. Please apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
If you have any queries please contact Monica Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number MBIE/1537653.
Applications close at 5pm on 21 June 2021.