Senior Regional Advisor (Northland) | Whangarei
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Regional Advisor - May 2021 Tai Tokerau.docx (Word, 58KB)
|Application Close Date:||13-Jun-2021|
- Regionally based position in Kānoa – Regional Economic Development & Investment Unit
- Key supporting role to realise programme delivery
- Coordinate cross-agency Regional work programmes
- Senior Regional Advisor - based Te Tai Tokerau
About the role
Your main objective is proactive project management for the successful delivery of contracts in Te Tai Tokerau. You will develop and draft business cases and work collaboratively with a range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve favourable outcomes for your region; this role requires you to be at the coal face, monitoring progress, identifying and removing roadblocks so that projects are effective and deliverables are achieved. You will have strong relationship building skills and use these to share information, best practice and highlight continuous improvement opportunities.
We are looking for experienced individuals with a passion for the regions who are comfortable working with ambiguity, have strong project experience, stakeholder management and are articulate communicators.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- Demonstrable experience project delivery within work programmes and within Agencies
- Demonstrable experience establishing and maintaining strong relationships at all levels of an organisation, developing trust and credibility
- Established relationships in Te Tai Tokerau
- Strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with the ability to influence and persuade others to move toward a common vision or goal
- Good knowledge of skills and employment
- A collaborative approach to achieving outcomes
- A good understanding of how government functions
- Resilience, tenacity and comfort with ambiguity
- To be a team player, working collaboratively with and through others
- A strong track record of achieving results, maintaining a clear focus on long term goals
- Tertiary qualification
- The legal right to live and work in New Zealand
Kānoa – Regional Economic Development & Investment Unit
We have been established to be the focal point within Government for regional economic development. Its role is to design and implement central governments $3billion investment in regional economic development with the aim of lifting productivity potential in the provinces. Its priorities are to enhance economic development opportunities, create sustainable jobs, and enable Māori to reach their full potential, boost social inclusion and participation, build resilient communities, and help meet New Zealand's climate change targets.
We deliver and contract manage a number of funds including the Provincial Growth Fund. It is responsible for working with regions to determine priorities for future investments in these regions, and establishing processes to support the implementation of any future funding made available through central government.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please e-mail Lapulou Mo'ale at Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz if you have any further questions quoting reference MBIE/1537375.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 13th June 2021.