Senior Market Researcher | Flexible
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Market Researcher CAC 12042021.docx (Word, 62KB)
|Application Close Date:||14-Jun-2021|
- Bring your market research and analysis expertise to MBIE
- Qual and quant focus supporting the new Consumer Advocacy Council
- Design and implement a new consumer and small business research programme
- New, permanent role based in Wellington or Auckland
Why work for us?
We encourage excellence and proactively support development through on-the-job learning, training courses, conferences and seminars, development programmes, secondments, rotations to other branches and study opportunities.
About the role.
The Senior Market Researcher (Consumer Advocacy Council) is a new team member position in the Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment's Consumer Protection business unit, which is responsible for promoting business and consumer capability within the market, through the development of products, services, tools and information.
Consumer Protection supports four key functions: consumer information products, tools, and services; consumer product safety monitoring and business/consumer engagement; providing a secretariat function in support of the Consumer Advocacy Council; and managing the operational delivery of the Telecommunications Relay Service.
The Senior Market Researcher (Consumer Advocacy Council) will primarily support the work of the Consumer Advocacy Council secretariat function within the team. The purpose of the Council is to be the trusted, credible, authoritative advocate for small electricity consumers, operating independently of industry participants, regulators and Government. The role of the Council is to advocate on behalf of residential and small business electricity consumers by providing evidence-based advocacy on policy and regulatory consultations, and in decision-making processes.
The successful candidate will work under general direction and within a clear framework of accountability to:
- Develop and implement a research programme, and provide timely, high-quality research and reporting expertise to support the Consumer Advocacy Council's objectives and priorities. The role involves co-operating with and influencing a range of internal and external stakeholders and service delivery partners involved in consumer insight.
- Contribute to the planning, development and delivery of Consumer Protection's broader market research and insights programme. This requires working with internal partners and external service delivery partners.
The appointee will support the Council to undertake and progress its work programme, but will not take part in decision-making, ensuring the independence of the Council members.
Candidates should demonstrate:
- At least 3-5 years' experience in planning , developing and delivering market research and insights programmes
- Experience in designing and reporting on qualitative and quantitative research initiatives and programmes
- Deep understanding of research and evaluation methodologies and design
- Highly developed analysis skills, excellent Excel skills, experience in other analysis packages is an advantage but not essential
- Experience working within data management principles and their application
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders up to a senior level
- Ability to work under general direction within a clear framework of accountability
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
The salary range for this role sits between $90,112 - $111,096 with appointment to be within this range based on skills and experience.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1535944 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 14 June.