Delivery Lead | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| P&C - Innovation - Delivery Lead - June 2021.pdf (PDF, 884KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Jun-2021|
- Opportunity to lead embedding and supporting a project management framework
- Lead the work of the Innovation team to provide effective delivery solutions and continuous improvement for the People & Culture (P&C) Branch
- Permanent position, Wellington based
- Salary range $110K - $135K depending on skills and experience
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity to become our Delivery Lead. This role will be supporting the Manager P&C Innovation in the delivery of effective P&C work programmes and associated projects that deliver on P&C's strategic objectives and operational needs. In this role you will help guide the delivery of successful and sustainable outcomes to deliver ‘real' value to the business.
As a seasoned project and programme management professional you will bring significant experience to develop comprehensive project plans, track progress, advise on and mitigate risk along with allocating tasks and responsibilities to team members to enable successful project delivery.
You will be technically savvy with hands on experience in project management, enabling you to identify and explore new ways of doing things and challenging the status quo to drive continuous improvement and shape MBIE's future.
You will lead planning delivery work of the team, providing coaching and mentoring that motivates others to succeed, whilst encouraging a collaborative and supportive environment that fosters bringing innovation and new ideas to improve the work of the team and make great things happen.
We are interested to hear from candidates who have the following:
- Previous experience in (HR) programme management with responsibility for developing and managing high quality, multiple stakeholder projects
- Experience supporting diverse teams and people, building and maintaining a culture of excellence and continuous improvement
- Proven experience working with modern HR information and project management systems and implementing strategies and work programmes with supporting monitoring and reporting mechanisms
- Demonstrated ability to analyse large, complex issues and assimilate ideas and advice provided by others
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop and maintain effective relationships internally and externally, quickly building credibility to engage and influence key stakeholders
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or extensive and comparable relevant experience
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
About the team:
The Innovation team sits within the P&C People Services team in Corporate, Governance and Information Group. The Innovation team is responsible for managing P&C programmes and projects and continuous improvement coordination in end to end business processes (inside and outsides systems).
Why work for us?
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad range of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1535314 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 22nd June 2021.