Integration Team Lead | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| POSITION DESCRIPTION- Integration Team Lead .pdf (PDF, 221KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Oct-2021|
- Join our ICT Quality Engineering team
- Work in a complex and dynamic ICT environment, with an exciting, fast-faced pipeline of work
- Wellington based, permanent position
- $132,417 - $160,472 salary range
Due to exciting growth in our Quality Engineering team, we are looking to increase our capability in the testing space. This newly established role will be providing leadership to integration staff and services across MBIE ICT.
Why work for us?
At the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE), we are a future-focused organisation working to grow a healthy, high-performing New Zealand economy. Our diverse range of functions and international reach means real career pathways within MBIE. We underpin this with development and training, and a culture that enables our people to work to their natural best.
Quality Engineering is a newly established team at MBIE as we move swiftly into becoming a Digital Agency. We are tasked with building quality checks and measures into our software and technical delivery. Our team is focused continually improving our ways of working and leveraging technology to drive this. This includes Cloud technology, automation, DevOps, and infrastructure as code.
About the role:
As the Integration Team Lead you will lead a small team to set best practice standards for integration across MBIE while being supported by the wider Quality Engineering team. This will require you to establish a team and set the direction for this function. You will engage broadly across our business to understand and respond to their integration needs and work closely with our stakeholders within ICT, our delivery teams and vendors. In addition to this you will be:
- The point of contact for reporting and resolving problems
- A positive contributor to the wider Quality Engineering team
- A champion for integration best practices including validation, continuous monitoring and continuous improvement
- Responsible for ensuring the integration team are well supported and working to best of their capability, and that any skill gaps are identified and addressed
Your skills and experience:
- In-depth knowledge with 10+ years' experience in Software Engineering focusing on Integration
- Experienced in using Kubernetes, Azure, and API Security
- Experienced in cross platform applications
- Have a solid foundation of programming languages and Cloud Platforms
- Recent experience in DevOps and Quality Engineering
- Demonstrated people leadership experience
- Experienced in creating infrastructure as code and using tools such as Terraform
- Ability to form strong, open, and honest relationships
- A strategic and analytical thinker who can make connections between various aspects of the organisation and is able to prepare a cohesive approach across all the elements of a technology-enabled business
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A tertiary qualification, relevant IT certification or equivalent experience
- Strong Advocate of Agile and DevOps delivery methodology, working experience is required
- Certification or equivalent qualification or experience in modern integration practices
- You must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Dheeraj at Dheeraj.Deshmukh@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1533366A if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 21st october 2021.