Immigration Manager - Resettlement | Auckland
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Refugee Quota - Immigration Manager (Resettlment) 2021 PD.pdf (PDF, 631KB)
|Application Close Date:||17-Jun-2021|
- Improve practices and service quality across the Refugee Quota
- Influence service delivery and customer service
- Excellent opportunity, Mangere based
- Salary range - $86,564 - $99,941
We are looking for an Immigration Manager – Resettlement with superb communications and management skills who can effectively set up systems, co-ordinate management of relationship with stakeholders and contractors and effectively lead a team of Resettlement Case Officers at Refugee Quota Branch, Immigration New Zealand.
We require a highly organised and motivated professional who is tenacious, focused, highly organised and can develop and enhance systems to achieve desired results and deadlines. The incumbent must be able to demonstrate the ability to carry out complex co-ordination of settlement support and transition of quota refugees from the reception programme into the community.
About the role
This is a full time permanent position which provides a great opportunity to lead settlement support and transition into the community from the refugee resettlement centre. The role is based at Te Āhuru Mōwai o Aotearoa (The Mangere Refugee Centre) in South Auckland.
Skills and experience required
- Demonstrated leadership for the team to ensure effective performance
- Excellent relationships skills with the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multi-agency environment
- Excellent customer service skills and understanding needs and requirements for delivery
- Highly organised and with excellent computer and keyboard skills including working knowledge of Windows configuration (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Qualifications and other requirements
- Tertiary qualification or extensive and comparable relevant experience
Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand Permanent Residence to apply for Immigration New Zealand roles. You may also be required to obtain and maintain a New Zealand security clearance.
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our online careers website. Here you can view a position description at this site, as well as complete the online application. Please upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be formally submitted via this online advertisement.
Refer to the attached job description for further information on the role, if you have any further questions email Mel Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org referencing MBIE/1533310.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Thursday 17 June 2021.