Privacy Officer, Refugee and Migrant Services | Auckland
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Privacy Officer - Refugee and Migrant Services - April 2021.pdf (PDF, 661KB)
|Application Close Date:||18-May-2021|
- Are you a pro-active individual who thrives on being busy and enjoys being part of a hard-working and diverse office environment?
- Expand your Immigration NZ business knowledge and learn about the Refugee and Protection process in the Refugee Status Unit
- Permanent position based in Auckland central - very close to public transport links
About the role
As a Privacy Officer, you provide quality client service, lodging and processing information requests under the Privacy Act 2020 and Official Information Act 1982. You must be able to think on your feet, manage your time effectively, and remain composed and focused under pressure.
Skills and experience required
- Ability to work with and interpret relevant policy and legislation
- A sound understanding of the Privacy Act and privacy principles
- Ability to read and scan sometimes voluminous written material
- Ability to identify and manage risks
- An understanding of administrative decision making processes
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information and have proven problem solving skills
- Can-do attitude and an eagle eye for detail
- Speedy and accurate keyboarding and computer skills
- Administrative ability/experience and have worked in a team
- Ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships
- Good communication skills including sound written skills
- Proven ability to develop trust and relationships with managers and team members
- Ability to multitask and experience in work flow management
Applicants must be a permanent resident or citizen of New Zealand.
About the team
The Refugee and Migrant Services Branch was established in 2019 and sits within the Immigration Group. The Refugee Status Unit is responsible for determining refugee and protection status of people in New Zealand.
Why work for us?
This is a busy and varied role in an inclusive and supportive team delivering important outcomes within the Immigration system.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Enquiries are welcome to Mel Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting MBIE/1531179 if you have further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 18 May 2021.