Project Manager | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD - Project Manager BSP Apr 21.pdf (PDF, 605KB)
|Application Close Date:||17-May-2021|
- Exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager
- Help shape New Zealand's building sector
- 12 month fixed term appointment
Be part of the biggest reform of the building regulatory system in the last 15 years.
We are looking for an experienced project manager to help us create a better building sector - not only for those in the industry, but for all New Zealanders.
Play your part in shaping one of New Zealand's leading sectors that employs 250,000 workers and is set to contribute more than $41 billion to New Zealand's economy in 2023.
About the role
The Project Manager will use their expert knowledge of project management techniques to support the work of subject matter experts and ensure key Building System projects are well managed and successfully delivered.
The Building System Performance Branch
We are the stewards and the central regulator of New Zealand's building system. Our role is to work with sector stakeholders to deliver and support compliance with fit-for-purpose, future focussed building regulation that protects people's safety and property, promote sustainability and strengthen the performance of the building industry.
- Building Code Delivery Programme
- Building System Legislative Reform Programme
- Building for Climate Change Programme
Skills and experience for the role
- Strong project management skills and proven delivery in a public policy/regulatory environment.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Effective at managing Business change within MBIE and also for building-sector stakeholders
- Ability to identify and appropriately manage risk.
- Strong stakeholder engagement / management skills
- A professional qualification in programme and/or project management is required.
- A tertiary degree in a relevant field is desirable
Come work with smart and driven people that want to make a difference
Click on the APPLY button below in order to start the online application process. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please feel free to email Paige.Haydock@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1530899 if you have any questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 17 May 2021