Senior Advisor Delivery | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Senior Advisor Delivery - P&C Operations.pdf (PDF, 314KB)
|Application Close Date:||16-May-2021|
- Exciting project management and delivery focused opportunity
- Support the delivery of People & Culture (P&C) work programmes
- Permanent position, Wellington based
- Salary range $91K - $113K depending on experience
About the role.
We have an exciting position for a Senior Advisor Delivery within the Innovation team.
In this role you will contribute to the delivery of the P&C work programme and associated projects by working with customers/stakeholders in delivering their requirements and developing effective delivery solutions. You will develop project plans and detailed implementation documentations, track progress as well as identify and mitigate risk to ensure high quality and on-time deliverables for customers.
You will be technically savvy with hands on experience in HR information and project management with strong relationship management and communications skills to ensure the P&C branch and wider stakeholders are well informed on progress and initiatives occurring within the branch. You will be a strong team player, sharing your knowledge and mentoring others in the team to help contribute to building expertise to achieve MBIE outcomes.
You will also identify areas for business and process improvement within the P&C branch, challenging the status quo and bringing new ideas to help embed a culture of project management excellence in P&C and shape MBIE's future.
The P&C People Services team is on a journey to become a genuinely outstanding function that is recognised as such by its stakeholders. In this role you will help guide the delivery of successful and sustainable outcomes to deliver ‘real' value to the business.
We are interested to hear from candidates who have the following:
- Previous experience in HR programme management with responsibility for developing and managing high quality, multiple stakeholder projects
- Experience working with modern HR information and project management systems with ability to analyse large, complex issues and readily grasp and assimilate ideas, analysis and advice produced by others
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships internally and externally, quickly building trust and credibility to influence and negotiate with key stakeholders
- Strong communication skills with ability to present complex issues in a way that engages the audience
- Experience coaching and mentoring others
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or extensive and comparable relevant experience
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ.
About the team:
The Innovation team sits within the P&C People Services team in Corporate, Governance and Information Group. The Innovation team is responsible for managing P&C programmes and projects and continuous improvement coordination in end to end business processes (inside and outsides systems).
Why work for us?
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad range of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. Applications via email will not be accepted.
Email Jo Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1530674 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 16th May 2021.