Digital Service Owner - Cloud | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description Digital Service Owner - Delivery.pdf (PDF, 584KB)
|Application Close Date:||12-May-2021|
- Own the product roadmap for cloud services across MBIE
- Be a subject matter expert assisting projects with new implementations and upgrades
- Align the use of cloud services across business units and explore how the product could be used better
- Help us move to a more mature position with cloud technologies where cloud is seen as normal, simple and effective
- $129,972 - $151,544
Why work for us?
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced cloud practitioner to have significant meaningful input into getting value from a key technology at one of New Zealand's largest government departments. We aim to create a culture where staff are empowered to bring fresh perspectives to issues and to think outside the box. We encourage excellence and proactively support development through on-the-job learning, training courses, conferences and seminars, development programmes, secondments, rotations to other branches and study opportunities.)
About the role.
Delivery of IT services using the cloud is the future for MBIE, and we want to ensure that we are in the best possible position to deliver. We need a Digital Service Owner who will understand current and future trends in cloud technology, and will work to align our use of it to get the best results. They will be able to assess our current state, and work with stakeholders and other experts to implement a vision where services are delivered efficiently, quickly, and seamlessly.
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive experience with managing and implementing cloud technology in an enterprise environment.
- Subject matter expertise in MS Azure, with AWS knowledge also a bonus.
- Ability to understand business requirements and how the cloud can be used to improve effective delivery of services.
- The ability to independently research software solutions and keep up to date with trends in the software industry.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent stakeholder management.
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
The ICT department within MBIE provides technology services to multiple different business groups throughout the ministry, and is responsible for the consistent and effective management and support of a portfolio of several hundred different applications.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Amber Tam at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1530472 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 12th of May 2021.