Business Manager | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Business Manager SQA -MIQ April 2021.pdf (PDF, 785KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-May-2021|
- Unique business management role in a fast paced environment
- Fixed-term or secondment until June 2022
- Wellington Based
- Salary steps: $110,643 - $135,332 depending on skills and experience
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Manager who will bring their understanding of public sector business planning and political nous to support the Managed Isolation and Quarantine (MIQ) Leadership Team.
This is a new role within the Service Quality and Assurance (SQ&A) branch that will lead its business operations function and will be a key member of the leadership team. The position brings business understanding, strategic capability and the ability to work in partnership with the GM and managers in the Branch and the MIQ group and MBIE more broadly.
Ideally we are seeking an experienced professional with a broad knowledge of best business practice and systems, who also has a high-level of understanding of Government decision making and operating procedures. However, if you think you have what it takes and are ready for that next step in your career we'd encourage you to be bold and let us know.
To be successful in this role, you will have;
- Demonstrated an ability to lead planning and performance reporting activities in the public sector
- Demonstrated an ability to lead and develop a diverse team to manage people, finances and resources
- Strong understanding of the machinery of government
- Ability to quickly build and grow effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- You are a proven strategic thinker with a can-do attitude and you have a depth of experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Managed Isolation and Quarantine
Managed isolation and quarantine (MIQ) is one of the four pillars of New Zealand's response to COVID-19. We help keep New Zealand safe by stopping COVID-19 entering the community from the border. Since July 2020, MBIE has had overall responsibility for MIQ, however, we work with a range of other agencies, including New Zealand Defence Force and the Ministry of Health, to deliver a safe and effective service.
Our work is fast-paced, high-profile and important to the ongoing safety and wellbeing of New Zealanders. The successful person will be someone who can hit the ground running and is comfortable dealing with ambiguity, rapidly changing situations, and working with the operational, strategic and policy arms of MIQ.
How to apply;
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position by clicking the ‘Apply Now' button. This will take you to our careers website where you can review the position description, register your details and submit your cover letter and CV outlining your suitability for this role.
For further information please contact Monica Chow via email email@example.com. Quote MBIE/1529463
Applications close 5pm 16th May 2021