Senior Finance Business Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Finance Business Analyst F+P.docx (Word, 68KB)
|Application Close Date:||17-May-2021|
- Opportunity for a versatile Senior Finance Business Analyst
- Join a dynamic systems team transforming the MBIE finance function
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
About the branch:
The Finance Business Partnering branch, which sits within the Finance and Performance (F&P) Group works in partnership with business groups, supporting them to deliver their services effectively and efficiently, allowing the Ministry to achieve its outcomes. The Finance Business Partnering branch is the conduit between F&P and the business groups.
About the role:
The Senior Finance Business Analyst reports to the Manager Business Partnering within the Finance Business Partnering branch of F&P. The Senior Finance Business Analyst will support a customer-centric approach and works closely with wider teams and the business to ensure accurate, high quality, financial and non-financial information is provided and clearly communicated to meet the needs of decision makers.
In this role you will bring expert business understanding and experience to deliver specialist accounting services and identify relevant insights that highlight inefficiencies and opportunities. They will act as a trusted advisor to cost centre managers on financial and non-financial matters and support the team to develop initiatives and strategies to increase efficiency and productivity across the business.
Why work for us:
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad variety of areas. We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
We invite you to apply if you have proven experience in the following:
- Accounting in large complex organisations
- Demonstrated problem analysis and successful decision making
- Proven public sector experience (preferred)
- Strong communication skills (written, oral, interpersonal)
- Demonstrated ability to convey content in a jargon free way that successfully meets the needs of the audience
- Build strong working relationships with stakeholders across all levels e.g. senior leadership
- A proactive, can-do attitude with a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- Exceptional teamwork and collaborative abilities and a willingness to share knowledge and expertise with others
- Hold a strong customer focus
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Lapulou Mo'ale at Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1529239 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm Monday 17 May 2021.