Senior Business Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||14-May-2021|
- We have a story worth sharing
- Surround yourself with people who are curious and passionate about rewiring our craft and capability
- Permanent positions, Wellington-based
- $107,967 - $129,821 salary range
Due to the exciting ongoing growth in our Analyst Capability team, we are currently hiring talented Senior Business Analysts with a digital focus. You will be surrounded by Leaders and Practitioners who have “been there and done that” in the BA world, and passionate about rewiring our craft.
Why work for us?
At the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE), we are a future-focused organisation working to grow a healthy, high-performing New Zealand economy. Our ICT Analyst Capability team within the Digital, Data and Insights group empowers and enables the technology solutions vital to how MBIE delivers its services to our customers.
A diverse bunch of people, we come together through a shared passion for our 4 C's – Capability, Culture, Connection & Community. Being able to make a real difference in the lives of both our people and all New Zealanders is what matters to us. Our Culture is one we are immensely proud of – from the moment you step through our door, you will feel welcome.
What makes our roles awesome?
- Working with clever, creative, and motivated people in a supportive, and professional environment.
- A healthy team culture based on trust, continuous learning, and sense of belonging.
- You will be empowered to try things out and be the right difference in the lives of our customers, and our people.
What you will have:
We are looking for Senior Business Analysts to join our team and own outcomes.
You will be experienced with agile behaviours and collaborative ways of working. You will be proactive and solutions-focused and be able to think, write and communicate clearly for a wide range of audiences. You will be inquisitive with sound critical thinking skills and be instrumental in working collaboratively with our stakeholders, both internal and external to refine our analysis and present information in a variety of ways.
You will also have experience in some of the following:
- In depth knowledge and 5+ years' relevant experience in a Business Analyst role.
- Proven knowledge and skill in all aspects of our core Business Analysis craft and SDLC, including using agile analysis practices and techniques e.g. story mapping, and backlog management
- Demonstrable experience in working in different solution delivery modes e.g. CMMI, Agile, and Microsoft Azure, Azure DevOps and/or DevOps processes.
- MS Dynamics 365 expertise with a proven track record in technology change projects and experience in developing D365 solutions.
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to inspire those around you through your enthusiasm.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a customer-centric approach.
- A tertiary qualification, relevant IT certification or equivalent experience as a Senior BA
- You will have the ability to gain and maintain a national security clearance (Check https://protectivesecurity.govt.nz/personnel-security/clearances/eligibility-tool/ )
- You must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below to be directed to our on-line careers' website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, upload a CV & cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Amber Tam firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1529151 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on the 14th May 2021.