Members of the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) Board | Wellington
|Category:||Boards and Governance|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Part Time|
|Attachments:|| FINAL FMA Board Member Position Description 2021.doc (Word, 103KB)
|Application Close Date:||17-May-2021|
Members of the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) Board
Closing date 09 May 2021
On behalf of the Minister for Commerce and Consumer Affairs, The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment is seeking expressions of interest from suitably experienced candidates to be members of the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) Board.
There are currently three vacancies. The Ministry is looking for:
- Candidates who can bring an investor/consumer perspective in relation to financial markets for the first role.
- Candidates with a background and expertise relevant to the pending expansion of the FMA's mandate to regulate the conduct of banks, insurers and non-bank deposit takers for the second role. This appointee will not be able to hold a role with a regulated financial institution.
- Candidates with practical experience of contemporary regulatory practice for the third role. The appointee will have an extensive understanding of how a regulator such as the FMA utilises the wide range of powers available to it to achieve desired outcomes.
Other skills, experience, and attributes required are:
- extensive governance experience at board level
- an understanding of public accountability and the relationships between Government and a Crown entity
- substantive experience in capital and financial markets
- likely to hold qualifications in Law, Accounting, Economics or Finance
- has demonstrated an understanding of the public interest.
This is a contestable process and applications will be assessed according to the skills and experience the Board requires at this particular time.
MBIE is committed to considering candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds, age, gender, ethnicity and geographic locations to enable the board to be high-performing.
Candidates wishing to put forward an expression of interest should enclose a copy of their CV and submit a cover letter outlining why they wish to be a member of the FMA.
Applications close on Monday 17 May 2021.
Please refer to the attached position description for more details.
For enquiries about the position contact email@example.com.