Senior Business and Finance Advisor | Porirua
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Business and Finance Advisor - April 2021.pdf (PDF, 678KB)
|Application Close Date:||17-May-2021|
- Porirua based
- Provide expert advice on sustainability, business plans and financial matters
- Permanent full time opportunity
- Provide data led recommendations to inform decision making
We have an exciting opportunity for an inquisitive and experienced finance and/or business professional to make a difference to New Zealand. This role forms part of an enhanced risk and verification network for Immigration New Zealand.
As a Senior Business and Financial Advisor you will form part of a global network that supports immigration decisions within Immigration New Zealand.
You will act as an expert and provide advice for all internal clients, specifically as it relates to financial and business risk within the immigration system.
Utilising strong investigative techniques and technical knowledge you will be responsible for providing sound advice relating to sustainability, business plans and other financial matters. Strong analytical skills and the ability to make timely decisions and provide informed communications will be essential to be successful in this role.
You will work collaboratively with both on and offshore staff, developing strong professional relationships to build competency across the business facilitating robust decision-making and ensuring the integrity of visa processing.
Experience required for the position:
- A minimum of five years' experience as a professional operating in a finance or business-related role
- A relevant tertiary qualification / professional registration (such as CA) and / or extensive and comparable experience in business management, business planning and/or financial investigation, such as forensic accounting
- Demonstrated problem analysis skills and sound judgement
- Demonstrated communication, facilitation, influencing and interpersonal skills, with the ability to clearly communicate technical information in plain language
- Demonstrated ability to identify and effectively manage risks, sensitive issues and confidentiality in a regulatory environment
- The ability to gain and maintain a national security clearance as required.
To be considered for the role you must have a strong command of the English language, both written and verbal. In addition, excellent interpersonal skills and an in-built radar and understanding for fairness and natural justice; you will play a key role in defining informed, sound and just immigration decisions on behalf of Immigration NZ.
All applicants must be a NZ citizen or hold a permanent residence class visa
About MBIE & Immigration New Zealand:
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
Immigration New Zealand is part of MBIE and is the regulator for the Immigration Act, striking the balance between facilitating the migration New Zealand needs and managing risk.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, click on the “Apply Now” button to be redirected to the MBIE Careers site, here you can read and download the job description. Please apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
Refer to the attached job description for further information on the role, if you have any further questions email Mel Holland at email@example.com referencing MBIE/1528903.
Applications close at 5.00pm, Monday 17 May 2021.