Manager, Operations Support and Improvement | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| new version BT - Determinations - Manager Operations Support and Improvement November 2020 (2).pdf (PDF, 365KB)
|Application Close Date:||12-May-2021|
- Bring your passion for driving effective service delivery for New Zealanders to this exciting leadership role
- Have a positive impact on how the building system operates and lead a newly-established team
- Contribute to the ongoing leadership of the Determinations function within the building system
- Wellington CBD Permanent leadership opportunity
Play your part in shaping one of New Zealand's leading sectors that employs 250,000 workers and is set to contribute more than $41 billion to New Zealand's economy in 2023.
The Determinations team contributes to MBIE's stewardship/kaitiakitanga of NZ's building system. We do this by developing determinations on matters of doubt or dispute about the application of building legislation and by contributing to the oversight of building consent authority functions.
About the role
This is your opportunity to step up and utilise your extensive business change, delivery and leadership skills to make a real impact for the New Zealand public and to support compliance with building regulation. You'll be dealing with others who care just as deeply as you do about New Zealand's building industry to help them better understand the building code.
The Manager Business Systems is a leadership and management position that reports to the National Manager, Determinations and leads a team of business support and improvement roles such as case coordinators, technical writers and operations advisors to ensure determinations can effectively deliver its regulatory functions. The team takes the lead on supporting day to day delivery of the determinations team, and leading, driving and implementing continuous improvement across people, process, policy and systems.
The Manager will bring their business understanding, system knowledge, perspective, influence and transformative expertise to work in partnership with other managers and team members to lead the development, implementation and delivery of all Determinations operational improvement and support.
As part of the Determinations leadership team, the Manager Operations Support and improvement is also expected to contribute to the leadership of the Determinations unit as a whole.
Skills and experience for the role
- Ability to work in a demanding and complex environment with statutory timeframes
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining an environment focused on continuous improvement to enhance organisational performance
- Strategic and operational management experience
- Proven ability to lead, develop and manage a team
- Experienced at developing and delivering a work programme, including enabling tools and processes
- Ability to understand, use and explain the building regulatory framework, in particular in relation to the responsibilities of the Determinations team under the Building Act
- Ability to quickly identify, establish and build strong working relationships across different teams
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with senior manager and stakeholders
- Excellent change leadership, communication and coaching skills to embed a culture of excellence in the team
- Strong ability to coach and mentor others by sharing their own experience and helping to challenge
Come work with smart and driven people that want to make a difference
If this sounds just like the challenge you have been looking for then Apply Now! MBIE is an incredibly diverse organisation, employing more than 4,000 people across a range of roles.
We share a commitment to growing New Zealand for all. We are committed to providing more contemporary, flexible ways of working so our people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life. That includes giving our people more choice about when, how and where they work. We create opportunities for our people to gain experience in different parts of our organisation.
To be eligible to apply you must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to start the online application process. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. As we will be reviewing applications throughout the advertising period and may withdraw advertising at any time we encourage you to apply now.
The salary for this role falls between $127,071 – $157,326 with appointment to be within that range based on skills and experience.
If you have any questions please email Matt Guy at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1528027.
Applications close on 12 May 2021