Senior Advisor | Wellington
|Category:||Boards and Governance|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Advisor Performance Investment - April 2021.docx (Word, 56KB)
|Application Close Date:||09-May-2021|
- Develop deep insights into a variety of New Zealand's key organisations
- Use your analytical stills and strategic thinking to influence future performance
- Build strong networks and trusted relationships at the most senior organisational levels
About the role
It's an exciting time to join MBIE to influence the ‘performance story' of our Crown entities. We are looking for a Senior Advisor Performance & Investment to join our team, reporting to the Manager, Economic & Regulatory Performance.
You will have the opportunity to provide guidance, advice, assessment and support on all aspects of governance for the Crown entities for which MBIE holds monitoring responsibility within the economic and regulatory system.
You will develop detailed knowledge of, and build relationships with, a portfolio of Crown entities.
In addition, you will lead, scope, shape and plan advice and projects in complex and sensitive areas. You will ensure accountability arrangements and funding arrangements for the Crown entities are appropriately established and be responsible for undertaking analysis of major capital investments proposed by Crown entities, and supporting the development of investment advice as required.
Why work for us
- MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad variety of areas.
- We also take the time to create a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to have fun but at the same time we take responsibility for our actions, encourage excellence and proactively support development through on-the-job learning, training courses, conferences and seminars, development programmes, secondments and study opportunities.
- As part of the team charged with monitoring and improving the performance of a number of Crown entities, this role provides the prospect of developing unique insights into the strategy and challenges faced by a variety of organisations, as well as their interaction and engagement with MBIE's policy teams and the relevant Ministers.
Skills and Experience
We are keen to hear from you if you can demonstrate an ability to:
- Assess business and financial performance.
- Identify strategic risks as well as options to mitigate risks.
- Work in a challenging environment with commercial and/or public sector experience.
- Clearly communicate complex issues both orally and in writing.
- Develop credible, respected relationships with diverse stakeholders, including Boards, Chief Executives, managers, team members, staff in partner agencies and key external stakeholders.
- Be flexible and respond to changes in priorities and demands for work, and undertake effective risk management.
- Generate and adopt new and creative ways for assessing performance.
- Brief Ministers and Cabinet/Select Committees.
- Share knowledge/expertise within the team to coach and mentor others.
Applicants must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below and complete the on-line application. From here you will be able to upload a CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email email@example.com or call 04 901 8335 quoting reference MBIE/1527808 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 9th May