Project Lead | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| ARF Project Lead Job Description final.pdf (PDF, 628KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-May-2021|
- 2 Year fixed term role
Why work for us?
The New Zealand Government Procurement (NZGP) branch has, in consultation with The Treasury, conducted a review of options and we are now looking to finalize our approach to risk financing and insurance for government agencies, for further implementation.
The Ministry is developing an all of government risk financing and insurance solution designed to:
- Maximize government's economies of scale
- Develop consistent risk management and insurance practice across agencies
- Capture cost efficiencies
This has created an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Lead who will provide senior specialist/expert project and procurement advice and support to the Manager – All-of-Government Risk Financing & Insurance. The Project Lead will bring their well-developed project expertise and relationship skills in order to deliver the ARF solution. This is a ‘hands on' role to support the development and implementation of a sustainable AoG risk financing and insurance capability that delivers tangible fiscal and added value benefits for government.
Interested? Read on.
This is a 2 year fixed term contract, based in Wellington, with a variety of work involving:
- Project management and delivery expertise
- Engagement and consultation with multiple stakeholders
- Support to influence the best possible outcome for government
- Coaching, mentoring and advice to help build other's understanding of project management disciplines.
Skills and experience required:
A proven track record of experience and achievement in:
- Practical experience at a senior level in project delivery, reporting and coordination
- Practical experience in procurement, with examples of practical application of procurement principles with successful outcomes would be preferred
- Some prior knowledge/experience in insurance related roles would be advantageous
- Practical experience in both understanding and leveraging change management principles and how these should be applied to maximise successful outcomes
- Practical influencing skills with the ability to support a negotiation team in the maximisation of value in multi-million dollar contract negotiation
- An understanding of legal frameworks needed to deliver robust contracts
- Expert proficiency in MS Project (or similar), MS Excel and MS Word with an eye for detail
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Paige at Paige.Haydock@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1527339 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 16th May