Manager National Planning | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD - National Operations Services Manager National Planning - March 2021.docx (Word, 54KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Apr-2021|
- Option for 12 month fixed term or secondment
- Newly created position
- Wellington or Auckland Based
A new opportunity exists within Managed Isolation and Quarantine (MIQ) for a Manager National Planning.
This role is responsible for designing, implementing and continuously improving the national planning system responsible for the allocation of people returning to New Zealand into Managed Isolation. This role is pivotal to the effective operation of the MIQ network of 32 isolation and quarantine facilities. The Manager National Planning creates and implements the strategy for robust, sustainable systems, services and interventions that achieve MIQ's vision, as well as the New Zealand COVID-19 response.
About the team
The National Planning team is responsible for the operational aspects of the Managed Isolation Allocation System where all travellers to New Zealand must book a voucher for managed isolation. The team manages the planning of people into hotels and changes to vouchers as a results of flight cancellations or policy changes. This is critical to ensuring that people coming to New Zealand have assurances that their voucher will be valid to board their flight.
We are looking for someone with;
- Extensive and proven experience in leading national planning and scheduling across a nationwide or international operation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a geographically diverse team and manage people with different specialisations to deliver on a team work programme.
- Well-developed liaison and negotiation techniques for consultation with external organisations.
- Extensive experience in strategy and policy development and in the design and delivery of systems
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with Ministers, senior public service officials and internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manoeuvre through complex political situations effectively and efficiently and to keep inquiring and learning under extreme pressure or in situations with high ambiguity.
Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand Permanent Residence
About MIQ MIQ became a Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) business group on 13 July 2020. The purpose of managed isolation is to ensure COVID-19 is not spread to the community while enabling Kiwis and other exempted travellers to return to New Zealand safely. A key enabler of this work is collaboration across government.
Over 75,000 people have passed through MIQ since New Zealand stood up its response to COVID-19. We operate thirty-two managed isolation facilities in five regions.
A range of agencies including the Ministry of Health, All-of-Government, Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, Police, Customs, New Zealand Defence Force, Aviation Security Service and other business groups in MBIE are working together to deliver an enduring MIQ system.
About MBIE: MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
How to apply: Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
As we will be reviewing applications throughout the advertising period we encourage you to apply early. For tracking and evaluating purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Enquiries are welcome to Sarah Hutcheson at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting MBIE/1525582 if you have further questions.
Applications close at 5.00pm Thursday 22 April 2021