Engagement and Communications Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Engagement and Communications Advisor - October 2020.pdf (PDF, 607KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Apr-2021|
- Permanent full-time engagement and communications advisor role
- Join a dynamic and high performing engagement and communications team in MBIE
- Make an impact - support some of MBIE's most critical work to help grow New Zealand
About the role
The Engagement and Communications Advisor delivers strategic engagement advice and services on an account management basis to specific programmes of work within the Ministry. In this role you will help support a range of cutting edge initiatives in the Labour, Science and Enterprise Group (LSE) in MBIE which has responsibility for areas including research, science and innovation, economic development, tourism and employment policy.
The Engagement and Communications team is at the hub of our media and stakeholder interactions. Working closely with Ministers' offices, internal and external stakeholders, and other coms teams in MBIE, you will be collaborative, people-focused and thrive under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
You will be innovative in your approach to delivering best practice, customer-focused communications and engagement services. Working as part of a high performing team of advisors, you will be encouraged and supported to contribute to the excellent communications service we deliver to the Ministry and our external stakeholders.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in developing and executing communication and engagement strategies and plans
- Great writing and editing skills and the ability to tell stories and produce engaging content for a range of channels, diverse audiences and stakeholders
- A proactive, can-do attitude – able to identify opportunities and issues for internal and external communications and stakeholder engagement to support MBIE's objectives
- Skilled at identifying and understanding diverse internal and external customer or audience needs and at adapting communications and stakeholder engagement styles and language to meet those needs
- Knowledge of emerging digital services, tools and trends
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents.
MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Developing our staff is a key focus for MBIE. We aim to create a culture where staff are empowered to bring fresh perspectives to issues and to think outside the box. MBIE offers significant opportunity for developing experience across a broad variety of areas. We encourage excellence and proactively support development through on-the-job learning and other training. We are also committed to providing a flexible working environment.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Lapulou Mo'ale at Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1525560 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm Wednesday 21 April 2021