Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences Limited Board | Other
|Category:||Boards and Governance|
|Attachments:|| GNS Science Board Director Position Description.docx (Word, 78KB)
DISCLOSURE FORM for Appointment to Crown Entity.docx (Word, 50KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Apr-2021|
On behalf of the Minister of Research, Science and Innovation, the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is seeking expressions of interest from suitably experienced candidates to be directors of the Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences Limited (GNS Science) Board.
GNS Science is a Crown Research Institute (CRI) focused on delivering benefits for
New Zealand from natural processes occurring in the Earth's crust. GNS Science's core purpose is to undertake research that:
- increases New Zealand's resilience to natural hazards
- enhances understanding of geological and Earth-system processes
- drives innovation and sustainable economic growth in New Zealand's geologically-based energy and minerals industries
- develops industrial and environmental applications of nuclear science.
MBIE is now seeking new directors for the GNS Science Board. We welcome applications from candidates who want to be considered for these key roles and are able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Financial acumen, including audit and risk management experience.
- A background in science, with strong credibility and connections across New Zealand's science system.
- Strong governance experience.
- Strategic leadership and financial leadership skills.
- Legal expertise, preferably with experience in litigation.
Candidates will be expected to have a genuine interest in GNS Science's work, as well as the motivation and availability needed to be able to effectively carry out the role of GNS Science Board director.
This is a contestable process and applications will be assessed according to the skills and experience the GNS Science Board requires at this particular time.
MBIE is committed to considering candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds, including age, gender, ethnicity and geographic locations, to enable the Board to be high-performing.
Candidates wishing to put forward an expression of interest should enclose a copy of their CV and submit a cover letter outlining why they wish to be a director on the Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences Limited Board. All applicants are also required to provide a completed Disclosure Form and provide a copy of a current ID (passport or drivers licence). Please refer to the attached position description for more details.
Applications close on Friday, 23 April 2021.
For enquiries about the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org