Senior Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD- Consumer Protection - Senior Advisor, Consumer Protection, March 2020.docx (Word, 58KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Apr-2021|
- Are you interested in shaping consumer information programmes?
- Bring your exceptional communication skills to develop and market digital and offline content, tools and products. Permanent position available
- Flexible working options available
About the role.
An exciting opportunity exists for the right applicant to step in to the Senior Advisor, Consumer Protection role. As an integral team member this role will be contributing to the operations of the Ministry's Consumer Protection team and leading consumer information initiatives and product development
The successful appointee will be a seasoned marketing professional who will bring their extensive content design and marketing/communications skills to this role. The right person will have ability to design customer-focused information, tools and programmes, and reach the right people via the right channels and methods.
The team is primarily Wellington-based but we are open to this role being located elsewhere.
About the team
Consumer Protection supports New Zealanders in being well informed so they can transact with confidence. We do this by providing targeted information, tools and programmes community channels in digital and to learn more about what we do, visit our website - www.consumerprotection.govt.nz.
The successful candidate should demonstrate:
- A working understanding of marketing principles
- Wide ranging knowledge of human-centred content design
- Experience with digital content development
- Sound knowledge of programme delivery and or project management
- Previous experience in roles requiring stakeholder management and influencing
- Strong written skills and proficiency with key technical products such as content management systems, common design software
- Experience working with or in the public sector.
- They have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1522439 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on the 20th of April 2021
Appointment for this role will fall between $91,915 - $113,318 based on relevant skills and experience.