Test Engineer | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 2021 - Position Description - ICT - Test Engineer.pdf (PDF, 365KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Oct-2021|
- Work in a fast paced ICT Quality Engineering team
- Wellington-based, permanent positions
Due to exciting growth in our Quality Engineering team and in line with the MBIE Digital Agency Strategy, we are building our capability in the testing space. The Test Engineer role will provide leadership and technical expertise in the area of Test Automation to a multitude of projects across MBIE.
Why work for us?
Quality Engineering is a newly established team at MBIE as we move swiftly into becoming a Digital Agency. They are tasked with building quality checks and measures into our software and technical delivery. The team is focused continually improving our ways of working and leveraging technology to drive this. This includes Cloud technology, automation, DevOps, and infrastructure as code.
About the role:
Our Test Engineer role will be filled by people who have a deep understanding and experience in automation testing and the benefits it brings. The Test Engineer will create automation scripts for systems across MBIE. They will bring a strategic approach to implementing test automation at every stage of the application lifecycle while capturing metrics to demonstrate the value automation brings. You will identify and drive adoption of best practices in Test Automation that contribute to improve Testability, reliability of Automated tests. You will work closely with team members to identify and understand how and where Automation will add value and accelerates Test delivery.
You will need to have demonstrated experience as a Test Engineer for this role and the ability to improve software release frequency and efficiency through automation.
Your skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Test Automation- Building Web UI/API Framework experience, CI/CD Implementation, Continuous Testing exposure.
- Test planning- Ability to identify right candidates for Automation to automate appropriately.
- Test Reporting- ability to develop centralised dashboard of test metrics as actionable analytics, for release readiness recommendations.
- Experience working with EasyRepro test automation framework or Automating Microsoft Dynamics 365, PowerApps solutions would be advantageous.
- A tertiary qualification, relevant IT certification or equivalent testing experience
- You will have the ability to gain and maintain a national security clearance (Check https://protectivesecurity.govt.nz/personnel-security/clearances/eligibility-tool/ )
- You must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
At the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE), we are a future-focused organisation working to grow a healthy, high-performing New Zealand economy. Our diverse range of functions and international reach means real career pathways within MBIE. We underpin this with development and training, and a culture that enables our people to work to their natural best.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Dheeraj at Dheeraj.Deshmukh@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1520378A if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday, 21st October 2021.