Senior Project Manager | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Senior Project Manager February 2021.pdf (PDF, 736KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Jun-2021|
- Join our large, high performing team
- Work in a complex and dynamic ICT environment, with an exciting, fast-paced pipeline of work
- Wellington based, multiple newly established roles
- $127,071 - $154,575 pa dependent on experience
Why work for us?
At the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE), we are a future-focused organisation working to grow a healthy, high-performing New Zealand economy. Our diverse range of functions and international reach means real career pathways within MBIE. We underpin this with development and training, and a culture that enables our people to work to their natural best.
Our Project Management and Coordination team sits within the Digital, Data and Insights group. Within our team we aspire to align our people, our processes and our technology in order to uplift the capability of the business. We are committed to developing our people, and fostering a culture of:
About the role
With a strong pipeline of projects, you will be kept busy using your significant project management experience to influence positive outcomes for MBIE and New Zealand. Your expertise will be put to use to ensure projects are fit for purpose, on time, within budget and align to MBIE's strategic direction.
You will be consulting with our business partners to determine the best solutions approach - one that is consumer-led and people-centred. You will know the methodology that works best for the situation.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be a leader within our cohort, and as such will be expected to share your knowledge with others, and take opportunities to develop and mentor others.
With demonstrated experience leading large and complex business and technology projects, you will gain trust and credibility with your stakeholders. You will use your sophisticated communication skills to consult and engage with internal and external stakeholders, building strong and productive working relationships. In addition to this you will:
- Have experience delivering projects using SAFe, Agile and/or iterative models
- Be well versed in navigating complex and ambiguous environments, processes and governance structures
- Have a commitment to be an active contributor within our cohort and uphold our values of Inclusivity, Accountability, Respect, Collaboration and Transparency
- Have 8+ years' experience
- Hold a tertiary qualification, relevant IT certification or equivalent Project Management experience
- Public sector experience would be advantageous
Applicants must have the right to live and work in New Zealand
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Amber Tam at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1515815 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday the 22nd June 2021