Senior Test Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Senior Test Analyst July 2021.pdf (PDF, 957KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Oct-2021|
- Senior Test Analyst required to deliver testing services into exciting initiatives across MBIE Businesses
- Permanent position within a tightly knit and supportive team
- Based in Wellington CBD
About the role:
The Senior Test Analyst performs testing of ICT applications to ensure they meet the requirements defined in the business specifications and that quality products/systems are delivered into MBIE's ICT environment.
The Senior Test Analyst contributes to the operations of the ICT Testing Services team. The ICT Testing Services Team together with the ICT Test Capability Lead and colleagues in the ICT Customer Delivery influence the quality of ICT business solutions development, service delivery, systems and processes. They provide effective testing processes for all ICT related changes ensuring that quality products are delivered into the operating environment in MBIE.
The Senior Test Analyst is responsible for ensuring quality and consistency of advice and practices in relation to their contribution to the team's work.
Why work for us:
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad variety of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
Skills and Experience:
We are keen to hear from you if you have experience in the following:
- At least 5 years' experience and in depth knowledge of working as a Test Analyst in ICT environment.
- Extensive experience in a software testing capacity.
- Understand the bigger picture, business objectives behind the technical solutions being built to align testing.
- Has awareness of various test techniques that helps in accelerating software testing without compromising quality.
- Has demonstrated experience, working in Integrated SaaS products environment.
- Well versed with API testing tools, ability to write acceptance tests from user stories and desire to extend your expertise in other areas of testing.
- Competent with SQL Querying to perform Database testing.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written particularly business writing and reporting, ensure your communication is always clear and concise.
- Commitment to growth and curious to be involved in wider initiatives across the testing community is desired.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please e-mail Dheeraj Deshmukh at Dheeraj.Deshmukh@mbie.govt.nz quoting reference MBIE/1515814X if you have any further questions.
Applications close 5:00pm on Thursday 21st Ocvtober 2021