Senior Project Manager | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Position Description Senior Project Manager - Immigration New Zealand_2020 (1).pdf (PDF, 357KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Jan-2021|
- Manage high profile strategic delivery
- Great career opportunity / rewarding culture
- Manage and lead a small team to delivery high impact value across INZ
- 12 month fixed-term opportunity, Wellington based
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our team in the Enablement Branch within the Immigration New Zealand Group focused on a project delivering change across the New Zealand Border Sector Government Agencies.
This position will be responsible for the delivery of a high profile work shaping the future direction of our organisation ensuring migrant workers and their employers understand their employment rights and obligations. As well as delivering important work for INZ, you will be responsible for obtaining reports on progress from aligned projects across MBIE.
As an experienced Project Manager and natural leader, you will form strong trusted relationships with senior and executive stakeholders, whilst providing credible strategic advice. This significant project requires a proven hands-on leader who has the natural ability to engage with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders. You will need to hit the ground running
This role requires leadership, resilience and the ability to cope with ambiguity. You will be hands on and happy to help out in all aspects of delivery to get the job done.
Reporting to the Practice Capability Lead the role works closely with members of INZ's executive team and leaders across MBIE, shaping, implementing and delivering elements of strategic change. The scale and complexity of the change is significant and will require an executive level capability working in partnership with the wider INZ and MBIE senior managers.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate credibility, with numerous examples of delivery and an appetite that is motivated by challenge & complexity. You will be a natural leader with a confident and assured stakeholder engagement and influencing style with the ability to share and motivate a values based approach across the project.
We are seeking applicants who can demonstrate the following:
- A project professional with a minimum of 8 years delivery pedigree
- An excellent understanding of the machinery of government
- A strong communicator with the ability to manage and influence stakeholders effectively across large organisations at all levels
- A proven leader who can manage both strategically and operationally and build trust
- Confident and articulate verbal presentation and listening skills
- Understanding of a wide range of project methods, with a clear outcome drive and focus.
- The ability to gain a New Zealand security clearance may be required in these roles.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. Application via email will not be accepted.
Email Fi Sanderson at Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz if you have any specific questions.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 27th January 2021.