Senior Policy Advisor | Economic Strategy | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Policy Advisor, June 2020 (1).pdf (PDF, 392KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Jun-2021|
Salary Range $99,000 - $125,000
- Improve the wellbeing of New Zealanders by helping to build a more productive, sustainable and inclusive economy
- Work within a lively and stimulating team to Identify NZ's medium- to long-term economic challenges and opportunities
- Ensure New Zealand is prepared to respond to mega-trends that will drive change in the economy
About the role: Looking Ahead, Working Across
Strategic Policy is looking for an inquisitive and experienced Senior Policy Advisor to join our high-performing team. We are looking for someone who can develop economic advice and thinking by bringing policy, analytical and strategy skills to bear on issues that matter for the wellbeing of New Zealanders.
Why work for us?
It is an exciting time to be working in Economic Strategy! The team is in a unique position to develop new thinking and provide advice to Government on how we build a more productive, sustainable and inclusive New Zealand economy.
Working in Strategic Policy, you will have the opportunity to:
- Build a strong understanding of New Zealand's economic system and shape MBIE's advice on the economy
- Push the boundaries of economic thinking and focus on New Zealand's long-term future
- Work within a multidisciplinary team with a diverse work programme
- Help shape MBIE's strategic direction in order to help achieve the organisation's economic goals
- Build strong links across the organisation and the economic system
Desired Skills and Experience
To work in this role you'll need to love an intellectual challenge and won't be afraid of ambiguity. We are looking for someone with:
- Experience applying economic frameworks to a range of policy issues
- Experience providing robust policy analysis, advice and intellectual leadership
- The ability to assist and challenge other policy team members and staff across MBIE to think laterally about policy issues and solutions
- Passion and ability to foster an open, collaborative environment that encourages quality, innovation, on-going learning and knowledge sharing
- The ability to develop and lead projects
- Strong stakeholder relationship building, influencing and engagement skills to gain the cooperation and commitment of others.
Applications close at 5pm, Sunday 27th June 2021
To apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button below where you will need to complete our application form, and upload your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for the role.
For questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref. MBIE/1505835