Senior Business Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Business Advisor.docx (Word, 75KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Jan-2021|
- Are you a problem solver?
- Can you work on multiple tasks with short-deadlines?
- Are you an excellent communicator, confident about your abilities yet willing to learn more?
About the role:
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Business Advisor within the Engagement, Communications and Ministerial Services Branch. The Senior Business Advisor supports the Manager, Strategy, Performance and Operations in delivering on the branch strategy, planning, reporting and engagement activities. In this role you will be a key contact with other parts of the Ministry and will help ensure the quality and consistency of advice, services and practice across the branch.
Skills and Experience:
- A strong understanding of the machinery of government processes that underpin the operations of the public sector environment, such as Cabinet and parliamentary processes, accountability, and the performance, reporting and financial management regime
- Proven experience of leading, managing and coordinating input to accountability documents and processes associated with those documents
- Good knowledge and understanding of how developments within government, state sector and MBIE itself impact on the objectives and design of strategy and planning processes
- Demonstrated project planning and management skills, and business analysis
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information at a high level, and come to an understanding of unfamiliar and complex issues
- Proven ability to think strategically, develop frameworks and manage organisation wide systems and processes
- Ability to coach and mentor other staff
- Ability to quickly identify ways of thinking about problems or issues and possible pathways forward
- Proactively identifies key relationships and possesses an ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships
- Strong communication skills and a can-do attitude
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with managers and staff
- Demonstrated commitment to effective client servicing and the ability to liaise with all levels of staff within the ministry and with external agencies
- Sound judgement especially around consideration of risk management
- Relevant tertiary qualification preferred and/or comparable experience of working within a government environment on strategy and business development and planning
- To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Lapulou at Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1504717 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm Friday 22 January 2021