Senior Advisor Parliamentary and Ministerial Services | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Advisor Parliamentary and Ministerial Services.docx (Word, 61KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Jan-2021|
- Get the opportunity to shape and support ongoing organisational Ministerial Servicing capability initiatives across MBIE
- Be part of the Parliamentary and Select Committee accountability processes for Ministers and the wide range of Ministerial portfolios that MBIE is responsible for
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity working with the Principal Advisor Parliamentary and Ministerial Servicing in managing MBIE's Parliamentary and Select Committee accountability processes for Ministers and MBIE and building capability within the organisation on the handling of OIAs. This important role works closely with MBIE Ministerial Servicing staff on OIA training, and supports and facilitates MBIE's Ministerial Servicing Community of Practice.
Skills and Experience:
- Expertise and wide experience across Parliamentary and Select Committee accountability processes, Ministerial correspondence, OIAs and PQs
- Understanding of Government decision-making and operating procedures
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of individuals and groups both internal and external to an organisation to effectively deliver
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Coaching, mentoring and training experience
- Expertise and experience in project management, coordination and effective delivery
- Thought leadership
- The ability to gain and maintain a national security clearance to Confidential level
- Tertiary level education or equivalent work experience.
- Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Lapulou at Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1504715 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm Friday 22 January 2021