Principal Ministerial Services Advisor | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Principal Ministerial Services Advisor.docx (Word, 66KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Jan-2021|
- Provide enterprise oversight and expert advice to support quality Ministerial Servicing for Ministers and New Zealanders
- Lead and support Ministerial Servicing capability development across the Ministry
- Permanent role based in Wellington CBD
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity in a key specialist position within our Ministerial Servicing team. The Principal Advisor will provide expert Ministerial Servicing advice on pan-MBIE and complex ministerial servicing activities, enterprise oversight and assurance advice and products, and lead the capability development of MBIE's Ministerial Services Advisors through MBIE's Ministerial Servicing Community of Practice.
Skills and Experience:
- In depth knowledge and experience in Ministerial Servicing, including a deep knowledge of the Official Information Act and Ombudsman guidelines.
- A strong understanding of the processes that underpin the operations of the public sector environment, including policy development, Cabinet and parliamentary processes, accountability and reporting.
- A strategic and analytical thinker who is able to make connections between various aspects of the organisation and is able to prepare a cohesive approach across an organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to develop policies, frameworks procedures and practice guides.
- Has experience in coaching and training practitioners in Ministerial Servicing best practice.
- Demonstrated experience in leading continuous improvement to enhance performance.
- Understanding of government operating and decision making procedures.
- Ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships and develop trust, credibility, buy-in and collaboration with managers, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead work through others to get the best outcomes where direct reporting relationships do not exist.
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with senior managers.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written particularly business writing and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and operationalise plans, policies and procedures.
A relevant tertiary qualification, preferably experience in a relevant Minister's office or a central agency or at least 7 years relevant experience.
Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Lapulou at Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1504705 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm Friday 22 January 2021