Communications Operator | Porirua
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| New Position Description NCC Comms Operator 2019.pdf (PDF, 352KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Jan-2021|
- Deliver health, safety & security support services to front line MBIE field staff through effective communications, monitoring, recording and follow-up situation reports from our newly established communications centre
- Supportive and fun team environment
- Fixed term 0.5 FTE or Secondment Opportunity to February 2022
The MIQ group works supporting guiding and supporting business readiness and consistency of operations. The branch supports the development and implementation of operational business planning, delivery of technical training programmes, assurance around transformation activities and operational processes, and provides regional support across MBIE.
The Communications Centre Operator supports all MBIE field operation activities by monitoring the safety of field staff and providing real-time information to them as they inform, assist and enforce all relevant legislation and regulations across New Zealand. This includes supporting wider operations and responses through the delivery of information and reporting on activities and risks on the ground, as required.
Working in a small team from our recently established National Communications Centre, you will bring your front line communications or emergency response centre expertise centre to support our operational and deployed front line staff. Health and safety is our number one employee goal.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in a communications / call centre environment
- Extensive background in delivering exceptional customer service
- Able to use a variety of communication technologies including radio communications
- Experience in liaising with external agencies including emergency services
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated by personal or collaborative influence and managing expectations
- Strong, clear and efficient verbal communication skills and the ability to keep a cool head when the pressure is on
- An understanding of how government works
- Experience in dealing with ambiguity in a complex and dynamic environment
- An ability to analyse different situations and to recommend solutions
- Flexibility with working hour – This team works shift work so candidates must be able to work 8 hour shifts between 06:45 hours – 19:00 hours Monday-Friday on a rotating basis
If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this position we welcome your application.
To apply or view the position description, click on the “Apply Now” button which will take you to our careers website. You will need to complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role. All applications must be submitted via our online process.
Enquiries are welcome to Monica Chow at email@example.com.
Applications close at 5pm on 24th January 2021