Commercial Solicitor (18 month fixed term role) | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Position Description Solicitor 1 - Aug-19 (1).pdf (PDF, 625KB)
Position Description Solicitor 2 - Aug-19 (002).pdf (PDF, 629KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Jan-2021|
- Commercial advisory and contracting experience
- Busy stimulating role with a high degree of client interaction
- Provision of pragmatic, solutions-focussed commercial legal adviceacross a broad range of issues and contracts (including ICT, All of Government and funding arrangements)
- Strong client and stakeholder relationship skills and a genuine interest in understanding and supporting our clients
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Solicitor on a fixed term basis to join our in-house Commercial Legal team to advise on a broad range of commercial transactions and issues.
You will be working in a friendly and supportive environment where you will receive the guidance and support needed to develop in this role. Over time you will have the opportunity to work with a high level of autonomy which will give you the chance to lead appropriate pieces of work.
Why work for us
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh perspectives to issues and develop new approaches. Our friendly and supportive team encourages a positive, customer focussed, innovative and best in class attitude to deliver excellence to our customer groups.
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable. We also have responsibility for New Zealand's managed isolation and quarantine function.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
• Mahi Tahi – Better Together
• Maia – Bold and brave
• Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
• Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
As part of the Corporate Governance and Information Group, MBIE's Legal, Ethics and Privacy Branch is responsible for providing a centre of legal advice leadership and expertise for MBIE, and is an exemplar of best practice for both the public service and the wider New Zealand labour and business markets.
MBIE is an equal opportunities employer and we encourage diversity in the workplace.
Skills and experience:
- A tertiary qualification in law and a current practising certificate (or be eligible to obtain one).
- Experience in the provision of general commercial contract advice, (ideally including ICT and/or funding experience).
- An understanding of the mechanisms of government or a desire to learn them.
- Strong legal technical skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills which allow you to effectively convey key messages and ideas and to simplify complex issues suitable to the audience.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Enthusiasm, drive and a proactive nature.
How to apply
Please click on the ‘Apply' button which will take you to our website where you can read the position descriptions for this role. We encourage applications from people that fall within either the Solicitor 1 or Solicitor 2 position descriptions. To apply, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Amber Tam email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1503197 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 26th of January 2021.